[Vision2020] A Start

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Wed Nov 3 12:44:59 PST 2004

You are absolutely correct, Carl.  We must look to tomorrow as a united
people.  If President Bush is true to his word, he will find a common ground
for both liberals and conservatives.  This country desperately needs someone
to provide solidarity not in spite of our differences, but because of them.
It has always been the case that our differences are what makes this country
strong.

Don't get me wrong.  I am not suggesting a national "group hug", merely an
understanding by each of us that those attributes that divide us should be
fostered into a bond that unites us.

Simply put, you cannot unite the whole by segregating its parts.  In the
interim though, keep your powder dry.

Take care,

Tom Hansen

A good friend will come and bail you out of jail.  But a true friend will be
sitting next to you saying, "Damn . . . that was fun!"