[Vision2020] dead trees

bill london london@moscow.com
Sun, 30 May 2004 14:36:14 -0700

S-
Your memory is correct.  The Grace Wicks tree (the big spruce at edge of
courthouse parking lot) would have been cut down if the recent
courthouse expansion bond had passed.
Next time you are in the area, take a look at that tree.  The county
stuff (storage shed, electrical equipment, etc) is all crowded around
it, cutting roots, compacting the soil, and shutting off moisture.  That
tree did not die a natural death, it was killed by the poor planning and
lack of good care.
During the bond election, the county commissioners did promise to mill
some of the wood into a decorative bench.
Now that the tree is dying, perhaps we will at least get the bench.
BL