[Vision2020] Really stupid question

Saundra Lund sslund@adelphia.net
Fri, 28 May 2004 11:27:02 -0700

Well, cicadas are kind of cool insects.  Of course, I say this from the
perspective of not having lived with the plague every 17 years  :-)

We don't have them here, and I ***completely*** agree with Ms. Sullivan's
assessment of earwigs . . . EUUUUUU!  Those things make my skin absolutely
crawl!!!

As I may have mentioned, my daughter is in a clinical research study with
the National Institutes of Health in Bethesda, MD.  We had to make a trip
back there last August before she was admitted, and then she was in the
hospital for close to three months.

One of the first things I noticed was a wonderful night music created by
some kind of insect -- kind of like crickets but definitely not crickets.  I
asked & found out that it was cicadas, which were not described in . . .
flattering terms  ;-)

Megan found an exoskeleton at one point & wanted to bring it home, but we
couldn't figure out how to get it here in one piece given the quantity of
other stuff she insisted on packing.

While Megan was in the hospital there, I was back & forth about every other
week and I thoroughly enjoyed the music & found it comforting  :-)

However, I may have a different perspective because it's time for her first
follow-up visit in about 13 days  ;-)

Saundra Lund
Moscow, ID

nothing.