[Vision2020] Huge Mistake To Lump Them Together?

Tbertruss@aol.com Tbertruss@aol.com
Thu, 27 May 2004 06:10:49 EDT

--part1_1db.22961cdb.2de718a9_boundary

Eric wrote in his reply to Nick Gier:

"They stand in three distinct positions. Doug's church is a complete separat=
e=20
entity from=20
Jim's church, and they both are separate entities from Evan's church. =A0=20
I would feel comfortable going to any of these three churches, but=20
there would be certain small points on which I would disagree with the=20
pastor. =A0 My point is, the community is making a huge mistake when they=20
lump these three gentlemen together."

Then in the very next paragraph, without blinking, it seems, Eric wrote:

"One impressive thing about these guys is the way they work=20
with/tolerate each other. They are so concerned about causing=20
unnecessary divisiveness within the community that they (and Gordon=20
Wilson) meet once a week for an hour and a half or so, specifically to=20
work on their differences and to focus on how to bring about as much=20
unity as possible and not to let their differences cause trouble. =A0 I=20
know this because they meet at the Nuart, and I have seen them meet for=20
the last year, and overheard them debating, laughing, etc."

So on the one hand, "...the community is making a huge mistake when they lum=
p=20
these three gentlemen together."  Yet these three men "...focus on how to=20
bring about AS MUCH UNITY AS POSSIBLE (caps added) and not to let their=20
differences cause trouble."

How is the community making a huge mistake lumping these three men together,=
=20
given your own words above in caps?

The Bolsheviks also had differences over ideology and methods, but those who=
=20
made the mistake of not "lumping them together" sometimes met an unfortunate=
=20
end.  Not that I am suggesting a direct overall comparison. The example seem=
ed=20
to serve the point that men with very similar ultimate goals can often=20
disagree in serious ways, but this does not mean you do not "lump them toget=
her"=20
regarding their ultimate goals for control or influence over a society.

I think the community would be collectively taken for a fool not to lump the=
m=20
together in some rather profound ways.

Ted Moffett

--part1_1db.22961cdb.2de718a9_boundary

=3D"SANSSERIF" FACE=3D"Arial" LANG=3D"0"><BR>
Eric wrote in his reply to Nick Gier:<BR>
<BR>
"They stand in three distinct positions. Doug's church is a complete separat=
e entity from <BR>
Jim's church, and they both are separate entities from Evan's church. =A0 <B=

I would feel comfortable going to any of these three churches, but <BR>
there would be certain small points on which I would disagree with the <BR>
pastor. =A0 My point is, the community is making a huge mistake when they <B=

lump these three gentlemen together."<BR>
<BR>
Then in the very next paragraph, without blinking, it seems, Eric wrote:<BR>
<BR>
"One impressive thing about these guys is the way they work <BR>
with/tolerate each other. They are so concerned about causing <BR>
unnecessary divisiveness within the community that they (and Gordon <BR>
Wilson) meet once a week for an hour and a half or so, specifically to <BR>
work on their differences and to focus on how to bring about as much <BR>
unity as possible and not to let their differences cause trouble. =A0 I <BR>
know this because they meet at the Nuart, and I have seen them meet for <BR>
the last year, and overheard them debating, laughing, etc."<BR>
<BR>
So on the one hand, "...the community is making a huge mistake when they lum=
p these three gentlemen together."&nbsp; Yet these three men "...focus on ho=
w to bring about AS MUCH UNITY AS POSSIBLE (caps added) and not to let their=
 differences cause trouble."<BR>
<BR>
How is the community making a huge mistake lumping these three men together,=
 given your own words above in caps?<BR>
<BR>
The Bolsheviks also had differences over ideology and methods, but those who=
 made the mistake of not "lumping them together" sometimes met an unfortunat=
e end.&nbsp; Not that I am suggesting a direct overall comparison. The examp=
le seemed to serve the point that men with very similar ultimate goals can o=
ften disagree in serious ways, but this does not mean you do not "lump them=20=
together" regarding their ultimate goals for control or influence over a soc=
iety.<BR>
<BR>
I think the community would be collectively taken for a fool not to lump the=
m together in some rather profound ways.<BR>
<BR>
Ted Moffett<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
</FONT></HTML>
--part1_1db.22961cdb.2de718a9_boundary--