[Vision2020] Was this "Nonsense?" From Vance's Campaign?

Tbertruss@aol.com Tbertruss@aol.com
Thu, 27 May 2004 02:45:51 EDT

--part1_e6.4fd5ce91.2de6e89f_boundary

All:

"Inquiring minds are dying to know" writes Janesta.

I cannot speak for anyone else's definition of "nonsense," but I received a
mailing from the Vance campaign, or some group promoting him, that I found not
only to be "nonsense," but insulting and hilarious at the same time.
Insulting because it used unflattering smear tactics that denigrate a person's
integrity, and hilarious because someone somewhere fell for it, sadly, which is why
personal smear tactics, and argument ad hominem, will remain a fixture of
political campaigns for all eternity.

The mailing on one side featured a picture of Gary Schroeder, blurry in black
and white on the left, with the question "What do we really know about
senator Gary Schroeder?" printed to the right of his photo in white letters.  All
over the bottom of the front of the mailing, in ominous red letters, were
various words and phrases followed by questions marks. Two of the most pointed
"questions" were partly covering Gary's photo.  The biggest red word in the size of
the lettering was, one of the biggest button pushing words in the political
vocabulary, "TAXES?"  This red lettered word partly covered Gary's chin, no
doubt a placement chosen for maximum psychological effect.  Right below "TAXES?"
in smaller red letters was another button pushing phrase utilizing a theme
that has been employed to great success by Republican political propagandists
during the past 20 years.  Yes, we were supposed to think that Gary's support for
"FAMILY VALUES?" was black and while and bit blurry, like he was presented in
the photo on this mailing.

The other side of the mailing asserted Gary was out of step with Latah
Republicans, with a laundry list of his alleged questionable votes in government and
positions on various issues.  Of course he was painted as "pro-abortion," as
if anybody is!

This mailing passes my test for "nonsense."  No doubt it cost a bit of money
to create and mail.

I wonder, did this mailing only go to rural Latah County residents, or did
people in the city limits of Moscow receive this also?

Ted Moffett

--part1_e6.4fd5ce91.2de6e89f_boundary

=3D"SANSSERIF" FACE=3D"Arial" LANG=3D"0"><BR>
All:<BR>
<BR>
"Inquiring minds are dying to know" writes Janesta.<BR>
<BR>
I cannot speak for anyone else's definition of "nonsense," but I received a=20=
mailing from the Vance campaign, or some group promoting him, that I found n=
ot only to be "nonsense," but insulting and hilarious at the same time.&nbsp=
; Insulting because it used unflattering smear tactics that denigrate a pers=
on's integrity, and hilarious because someone somewhere fell for it, sadly,=20=
which is why personal smear tactics, and argument ad hominem, will remain a=20=
fixture of political campaigns for all eternity.<BR>
<BR>
The mailing on one side featured a picture of Gary Schroeder, blurry in blac=
k and white on the left, with the question "What do we really know about sen=
ator Gary Schroeder?" printed to the right of his photo in white letters.&nb=
sp; All over the bottom of the front of the mailing, in ominous red letters,=
 were various words and phrases followed by questions marks. Two of the most=
 pointed "questions" were partly covering Gary's photo.&nbsp; The biggest re=
d word in the size of the lettering was, one of the biggest button pushing w=
ords in the political vocabulary, "TAXES?"&nbsp; This red lettered word part=
ly covered Gary's chin, no doubt a placement chosen for maximum psychologica=
l effect.&nbsp; Right below "TAXES?" in smaller red letters was another butt=
on pushing phrase utilizing a theme that has been employed to great success=20=
by Republican political propagandists during the past 20 years.&nbsp; Yes, w=
e were supposed to think that Gary's support for "FAMILY VALUES?" was black=20=
and while and bit blurry, like he was presented in the photo on this mailing=
.<BR>
<BR>
The other side of the mailing asserted Gary was out of step with Latah Repub=
licans, with a laundry list of his alleged questionable votes in government=20=
and positions on various issues.&nbsp; Of course he was painted as "pro-abor=
tion," as if anybody is!<BR>
<BR>
This mailing passes my test for "nonsense."&nbsp; No doubt it cost a bit of=20=
money to create and mail.<BR>
<BR>
I wonder, did this mailing only go to rural Latah County residents, or did p=
eople in the city limits of Moscow receive this also? <BR>
<BR>
Ted Moffett</FONT></HTML>

--part1_e6.4fd5ce91.2de6e89f_boundary--