[Vision2020] Voter turn out

bill london london@moscow.com
Sun, 23 May 2004 10:46:25 -0700

--------------060904000907080505080206

I think this primary race has shown that Schroeder is a fighter.  Faced
with this serious challenge, he has not caved, he has risen to the
occasion, fighting back hard and intelligently.  I am impressed.
When he says he is in Boise fighting for our interests, I am going to
believe him.
And now after this attack, if he is re-elected, I think he will be a
more effective legislator and certainly a better guardian of education.
BL

Tom Hansen wrote:

> I agree with you 100%, Joan.
>
> In a party-line primary system, such as Idaho's, which primary do
> independents vote?  Are they required not to vote in either primary?
> Should they vote in both primaries?  Are they to restrict their vote
> to the general election?  Is an Idaho independent to be labeled (as
> that old Beatles song says)  "a dead skunk in the middle of the road".
>
> I ask this because, although I have strong liberal leanings, (as I
> have stated many many times before) I consider myself to be an
> independent as do so many other Idahoans.  I realize that I have
> stated that I am a registered Democrat.  Anybody that votes should
> realize that you do not register with a party when you vote in Idaho.
> You simply vote and sign the voting log.
>
> Eliminate the party-line primary system.
>
> Take care,
>
> Tom "Just another North Idaho skunk"  Hansen
> Not On The Palouse, Not Ever
>
> "Patriotism is not a short and frenzied outburst of emotion but the
> tranquil and steady dedication of a lifetime." --Adlai E. Stevenson, Jr.

<head>
  <title></title>
</head>
I think this primary race has shown that Schroeder is a fighter.&nbsp; Faced
with this serious challenge, he has not caved, he has risen to the
occasion, fighting back hard and intelligently.&nbsp; I am impressed.<br>
When he says he is in Boise fighting for our interests, I am going to
believe him.&nbsp; <br>
And now after this attack, if he is re-elected, I think he will be a
more effective legislator and certainly a better guardian of education.<br>
BL<br>
Tom Hansen wrote:<br>
 cite="midHCENKHIJLOPLLGJNKOPIAEEHGBAA.thansen@moscow.com">
a&nbsp;party-line primary system, such as Idaho's, which primary do
independents vote?&nbsp; Are they required not to vote in either primary?&nbsp;
Should they vote in both primaries?&nbsp; Are they to restrict their vote to
the general election?&nbsp; Is an Idaho independent to be labeled (as that
because, although I have strong liberal leanings, (as I have stated
many many times before) I consider myself to be an independent as do so
many other Idahoans.&nbsp; I realize that I have stated that I am a
registered Democrat.&nbsp; Anybody that votes should realize that you do not
register with a party when you vote in Idaho.&nbsp; You simply vote and sign
 style="font-size: 10pt; font-family: Verdana;">"Patriotism is not a
short and frenzied outburst of emotion but the tranquil and steady
 style="border-left: 2px solid rgb(0, 0, 0); padding-left: 5px; margin-left: 5px; margin-right: 0px;">
 face="Tahoma">-----Original Message-----<br>
    <b>From:</b> <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:vision2020-admin@moscow.com">vision2020-admin@moscow.com</a>
out is key to the Schroeder-Vance race.&nbsp; The&nbsp;Vance crowd is hoping for
a low turn out, which will allow a small but driven&nbsp;hard right minority
to oust the moderate Schroeder.&nbsp;&nbsp;I strongly encourage voters to look
closely at these candidates.&nbsp; Gregg Vance's political views on&nbsp;a&nbsp;host
of issues ranging from public education to&nbsp;basic civil rights&nbsp;are
indistinguishable from Doug Wilson's.&nbsp; </div>
and so, as they used to say in old Chicago, "Vote early and vote often."</div>
Courthouse on Monday and vote absentee.&nbsp; It's quick, it's easy, and you
can&nbsp;keep your virtuous, civic&nbsp;duty buzz on for a whole extra day.&nbsp;&nbsp; </div>
    <hr> Get more from the Web. FREE MSN Explorer download : <a
 href="http://explorer.msn.com">http://explorer.msn.com</a><br>

--------------060904000907080505080206--