[Vision2020] Hastert questions McCain's GOP credentials

Carl Westberg carlwestberg846@hotmail.com
Thu, 20 May 2004 10:19:13 -0700

More questioning of the patriotism of someone who dares criticize the Bush
administration.  To quote Emmylou Harris, from an interview in the current
Esquire, (a magazine I read mostly for the articles, with a pause now and
then for the pictures), "Patriotism can be good or bad.  Knee-jerk
patriotism can be very bad.  I'm patriotic almost to the point of
self-consciousness, but I love my country the way I love a friend or a child
who I would correct if she was going the wrong way.  Who I expect the very
best from."  We haven't been getting the very best from this administration.

                                          Carl Westberg Jr.