[Vision2020] Bogus poll

Tom Hansen thansen@moscow.com
Wed, 19 May 2004 17:12:23 -0700

Greetings Visionaires -

Although I am a Democrat I would love to vote in the Republican primary.  I
strongly believe in Schroeder.  However, if he should lose in the primary,
obviously he will not be around for the general election.

People have accused me of being unethical for crossing party lines in
earlier primary elections.  Sometimes a Democrat (such as myself) finds a
Republican that (s)he strongly agrees with.

This is one (of many) reason why I have always believed in an open primary
election.

Party-line primary elections tend to quell the voices of Democrats, as well
as Republicans, that tend to lean in both directions dependent upon the
issue or the candidate.  I am a registered Democrat, but I consider myself
to be independent.