[Vision2020] Thank you, Thurgood Marshall

Joan Opyr auntiestablishment@hotmail.com
Tue, 18 May 2004 13:56:19 -0700

------=_NextPart_001_0002_01C43CDF.E507BE40

Pat writes:

"You think the Catholic remark was bigoted . . . but I have heard that sa=
id =20
about Catholics all my life."

I see.  Well, here are some of the things I've heard about Catholics all =
*my* life.  Please bear in mind, of course, that I heard them from Southe=
rn Baptists:

Catholics have to pay a dollar to sit in the church pew.
Catholics worship idols.
Catholics are obliged to kiss the Pope's toe.
The Catholic Church is the Whore of Babylon.
The Exorcist really, truly happened.  The devil is forever plaguing small=
 Catholic girls with bad skin, foul language, and projectile vomiting.

Like most people, I've heard a wide variety of unsubstantiated, bigoted, =
ignorant pronouncements over the course of my life, and I attribute this =
to the fact that most people can't tell the difference between gossip and=
 gospel.  As critical thinking adults, however, I believe we're obliged t=
o try.  I thank God on a daily basis for school integration, the public l=
ibrary, and a healthy skepticism; if I had grown up in North Carolina wit=
hout these things, I, too, might have been like George Wallace.

Finding yet another reason to celebrate the 50th anniversary of Brown vs.=
 The Board of Education,

Joan Opyr/Auntie Establishment      Get more from the Web.  FREE MSN Expl=
orer download : http://explorer.msn.com

------=_NextPart_001_0002_01C43CDF.E507BE40

<HTML><BODY STYLE=3D"font:10pt verdana; border:none;"><DIV>Pat writes:</D=
IV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV>"You think the Catholic remark was bigoted . .=
 . but I have heard that said <BR>about Catholics all my life."</DIV> <DI=
V>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV>I see.&nbsp; Well, here&nbsp;are so=
me of the things I've heard&nbsp;about Catholics all *my* life.&nbsp; Ple=
ase&nbsp;bear in mind, of course, that I heard them from Southern Baptist=
s:</DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV>Catholics have to pay a dollar&nbsp;to si=
t in the church pew.</DIV> <DIV>Catholics worship idols.</DIV> <DIV>Catho=
lics are obliged to kiss the Pope's toe.</DIV> <DIV>The Catholic Church i=
s the Whore of Babylon.</DIV> <DIV>The Exorcist really, truly happened.&n=
bsp; The devil is forever plaguing small Catholic girls with bad skin, fo=
ul language, and projectile vomiting.</DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV>Like m=
ost people, I've heard a wide variety of unsubstantiated, bigoted, ignora=
nt pronouncements over the course of my life, and I attribute&nbsp;this t=
o the fact that most people can't tell the difference between gossip and =
gospel.&nbsp; As critical thinking adults, however, I believe we're oblig=
ed to try.&nbsp; I thank God on a daily basis for school integration, the=
 public library, and a healthy skepticism; if I had grown up in North Car=
olina without these things, I, too,&nbsp;might have been like George Wall=
ace.</DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV>Finding yet another reason to celebrate=
&nbsp;the 50th anniversary of Brown vs.&nbsp;The Board of Education,</DIV=
> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV>Joan Opyr/Auntie Establishment&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;=
&nbsp;&nbsp; </DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV></BODY></HTML><br =
clear=3Dall><hr>Get more from the Web.  FREE MSN Explorer download : <a h=

------=_NextPart_001_0002_01C43CDF.E507BE40--