[Vision2020] As if we needed any more . . .

Melynda Huskey mghuskey@msn.com
Tue, 18 May 2004 12:50:16 -0700

Ah, vdare.com-- a subsidiary of the Center for American Unity, which
describes itself as "a national non-profit educational organization
dedicated to preserving our historical unity as Americans into the 21st
Century. . . . The Center is concerned with what has been called the
National Question - whether the United States can survive as a nation-state,
the political expression of a distinct American people, in the face of these
emerging threats: mass immigration, multiculturalism, multilingualism, and
affirmative action."

Surprisingly (or perhaps not), the essay Shawn quotes comes to the
conclusion that blacks just aren't as intelligent as whites, and that if
only black mothers could be convinced to breastfeed their children, perhaps
the poor things could get smarter over time, and someday be as smart as
white people.

Sailer also opposes gay marriage on the grounds--get this!--that straight
men never want to do anything that gay men do, in case someone might think
they were gay. That's right, heterosexual marriage will end simply as a
result of straight men's paralyzing terror of being perceived as gay.  Not
that there's anything wrong with that.

I've exceeded my daily limit of posts with this one, and I promise there
won't be any more today--and maybe not tomorrow, too.  Instead, I'll pick up
my well-worn copy of *Farewell, My Lunchbox:  A Chet Gecko Mystery* and
escape into a simpler, but funnier world.

Melynda Huskey