[Vision2020] TRACS Correspondence

Art Deco aka W. Fox deco@moscow.com
Fri, 14 May 2004 15:23:29 -0700

------=_NextPart_000_00F5_01C439C7.68CE4440

Rose, et all

Quote from TRACS:

"Please be advised that TRACS IS NOT INVESTIGATING New Saint Andrews College.
They have been granted candidacy status by the Accreditation Commission."

Does this mean that NSA is merely a candidate for accreditation or have they
actually been accredited?

Wayne

Art Deco  (Wayne Fox)
deco@moscow.com

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: DonaldH675@aol.com
  To: vision2020@moscow.com
  Sent: Friday, May 14, 2004 2:58 PM
  Subject: [Vision2020] TRACS Correspondence

  Visionaries:
  Prompted by Nick Gier's email earlier this week on his interaction with TRACS
director, Dr. Russell Fitzgerald, I sent the following email asking about TRACS
policies regarding confidential materials:

  Greetings,
  Dr. Fitzgerald, it has come to community attention that you forwarded a
confidential letter addressed to you referencing the accreditation of New St.
Andrews College in Moscow, Idaho, to Roy Atwood, Dean of New St. Andrews.  Would
you comment on this?  It seems unusual to many of us that an accrediting body
provides copies of private communication to the school they are in the process
of investigating.  If this is the case, it seems to place TRACS on questionable
professional grounds.  Does the U.S. Department of Education also support this
protocol?

  Sincerely,
  Rose Huskey
  Once you lose integrity everything else is easy.

  P.S.  Please feel free to forward this note to Roy Atwood, if you feel so
inclined - not that you need my permission to do so.

  This afternoon I received the following email, apparently written by a
relative (does that sound familiar or what????)

  On Friday, May 14, 2004, at 01:53 PM, Joann Fitzgerald wrote:

  > Dear Rose,

  Thank you for your e-mail. I would like to know as I answer what community you
represent so that I may more aptly direct my remarks. However I will give it a
general shot.

  In answer to your first comment, by Policy established by the Accreditation
Commission I must share any complaints against a member institution with that
institution. Sorry this does not please your community.

  In relation to your second comment. Please be advised that TRACS IS NOT
INVESTIGATING New Saint Andrews College. They have been granted candidacy status
by the Accreditation Commission.

  Finally, I am sorry that you question the integrity of eighteen professional
men and women of the Accreditation Commission who make all accreditation
decisions.

  I trust that this addresses your concerns.

  Dr. Russell G. Fitzgerald
  Executive Director

  And my response:

  Dr. Fitzgerald,
  Thank you for your reply to my inquiry.  The community which I referred to is
Moscow, Idaho.  I will be sharing your response with members of that community
via a community on-line chat group, Vision 2020.  If you had carefully read my
email you would have noted that I did not question the individual integrity of
your 18 member board, however, I did question the procedure of sharing
confidential documents with candidate schools. I now understand that is part of
your policy. Yes, your response addressed my concerns

  Sincerely,
  Rose Huskey

  Personally, I have a much clearer idea now of TRACS and its management. YIKES!
  Rose
  Once you lose integrity everything else is easy.

------=_NextPart_000_00F5_01C439C7.68CE4440

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Arial; BACKGROUND-COLOR: =
#ffffff"=20
bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DVerdana size=3D4>Rose, et all</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DVerdana size=3D4></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DVerdana size=3D4>Quote from TRACS:</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DVerdana size=3D4></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>"Please be advised that TRACS IS NOT INVESTIGATING New Saint =
Andrews=20
College. They have been granted candidacy status by the Accreditation=20
Commission."<BR></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DVerdana size=3D4>Does this mean that NSA is merely a =
candidate for=20
accreditation or have they actually been accredited?</FONT></DIV><FONT=20
face=3DVerdana size=3D4>
<DIV><BR>Wayne</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Art Deco&nbsp; (Wayne Fox)<BR><A=20
href=3D"mailto:deco@moscow.com">deco@moscow.com</A><BR></FONT></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE dir=3Dltr=20
  <DIV=20
black"><B>From:</B>=20
  <A title=3DDonaldH675@aol.com=20
  href=3D"mailto:DonaldH675@aol.com">DonaldH675@aol.com</A> </DIV>
title=3Dvision2020@moscow.com=20
  href=3D"mailto:vision2020@moscow.com">vision2020@moscow.com</A> </DIV>
  <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial"><B>Sent:</B> Friday, May 14, 2004 2:58 =
PM</DIV>
  <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial"><B>Subject:</B> [Vision2020] TRACS=20
  Correspondence</DIV>
  <DIV><BR></DIV>
  <DIV>Visionaries:</DIV>
  <DIV>Prompted by Nick Gier's email earlier this week on his =
interaction with=20
  TRACS director, Dr. Russell Fitzgerald, I&nbsp;sent the following=20
  email&nbsp;asking about TRACS policies regarding confidential =
materials:&nbsp;=20
  </DIV>
  <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
  <DIV>
  <DIV>Greetings,</DIV>
  <DIV>Dr. Fitzgerald, it has come to community attention that you =
forwarded a=20
  confidential letter addressed to you referencing the accreditation of =
New St.=20
  Andrews College in Moscow, Idaho, to Roy Atwood, Dean of New St.=20
  Andrews.&nbsp; Would you comment on this?&nbsp; It seems unusual to =
many of us=20
  that an accrediting body provides copies of private&nbsp;communication =
to the=20
  school they are in the process of investigating.&nbsp;&nbsp;If this is =
the=20
  case, it seems to place TRACS&nbsp;on questionable professional =
grounds.&nbsp;=20
  Does the U.S. Department of Education also support this =
protocol?&nbsp; </DIV>
  <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
  <DIV>Sincerely,</DIV>
  <DIV>Rose Huskey</DIV>
  <DIV><FONT lang=3D0 face=3D"Times New Roman" size=3D3 PTSIZE=3D"12"=20
  FAMILY=3D"SERIF">Once you lose integrity everything else is =
easy.</FONT></DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=3D"Times New Roman" size=3D3></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=3D"Times New Roman" size=3D3>P.S.&nbsp; Please feel =
free to=20
  forward this note to&nbsp;Roy Atwood, if you feel so inclined - not =
that you=20
  need my permission to do so.</FONT></DIV></DIV>
  <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
  <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
  <DIV>This afternoon I received the following email, apparently written =
by a=20
  relative (does that sound familiar or what????)</DIV>
  <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
  <DIV>On Friday, May 14, 2004, at 01:53 PM, Joann Fitzgerald =
wrote:<BR><BR>&gt;=20
  Dear Rose,<BR><BR>Thank you for your e-mail. I would like to know as I =
answer=20
  what community you represent so that I may more aptly direct my =
remarks.=20
  However I will give it a general shot.<BR><BR>In answer to your first =
comment,=20
  by Policy established by the Accreditation Commission I must share any =

  complaints against a member institution with that institution. Sorry =
this does=20
  not please your community.<BR><BR>In relation to your second comment. =
Please=20
  be advised that TRACS IS NOT INVESTIGATING New Saint Andrews College. =
They=20
  have been granted candidacy status by the Accreditation=20
  Commission.<BR><BR>Finally, I am sorry that you question the integrity =
of=20
  eighteen professional men and women of the Accreditation Commission =
who make=20
  all accreditation decisions.<BR><BR>I trust that this addresses your=20
  concerns.<BR><BR>Dr. Russell G. Fitzgerald<BR>Executive =
Director<BR><BR>And my=20
  response:</DIV>
  <DIV><BR>
  <DIV>Dr. Fitzgerald,</DIV>
  <DIV>Thank you for your reply to my inquiry.&nbsp; The community which =
I=20
  referred to is Moscow, Idaho.&nbsp; I will be sharing your response =
with=20
  members of that community via a community on-line chat group, Vision=20
  2020.&nbsp; If you had carefully read my email you&nbsp;would have =
noted=20
  that&nbsp;I did not question the individual integrity of your 18 =
member board,=20
  however, I did question the procedure&nbsp;of sharing confidential=20
  documents&nbsp;with candidate schools.&nbsp;I now understand that is =
part of=20
  your policy. Yes, your response addressed my concerns</DIV>
  <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
  <DIV>Sincerely,&nbsp;&nbsp;</DIV>
  <DIV>Rose Huskey</DIV><BR><BR>Personally, I have a much clearer idea =
now of=20
  TRACS and its management. YIKES!</DIV>
  <DIV>Rose</DIV>
  <DIV><FONT lang=3D0 face=3D"Times New Roman" size=3D3 PTSIZE=3D"12"=20
  FAMILY=3D"SERIF">Once you lose integrity everything else is=20
easy.</FONT></DIV></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_00F5_01C439C7.68CE4440--