[Vision2020] NSA student scores

Nick Gier ngier@uidaho.edu
Thu, 13 May 2004 22:32:21 -0700

Greetings:

In my letters to the editor and postings on V2020 I have always praised the
NSA students for their achievements.  Several years ago, I worked
individually with one student on his senior thesis on Buddhism.  He sat in
on my Buddhism class and was one of the most active participants.

My critique has to do with the NSA faculty, who fail to meet the minimum
standard of credentials, even by the lowly TRACS standards.  In sum, these
outstanding students deserve a better and more diverse faculty, a faculty
that does not tolerate academic fraud in its midst.

Finally, can Mr. Engerbretson defend the policy of Wilson hiring all the
males of his immediate faculty instead of having open competition for his
faculty positions like other institutions have?

Yours for academic integrity,

Nick Gier