[Vision2020] New Abu Ghraib pictures

Carl Westberg carlwestberg846@hotmail.com
Wed, 12 May 2004 12:32:34 -0700

According to NPR news, the pictures and video that are being shown to
members of Congress today are even worse than the images released publicly
last week.  One source reports images of rape and murder.  Should these not
also be released to the public as well?  In what may well be the first time,
I'm in agreement with Kathleen Parker (Bush apologist extraordinaire) on an
issue.  As she says in her column today, ..."no matter how horrific,
shameful or embarrassing the photographs, we have to show them.  Not to
satisfy some prurient curiosity - wouldn't we all rather not see? - but to
demonstrate that we treat in the open even our ugliest sores.  To do
otherwise, to try to conceal the misdeeds of some of our own would be to
ratify the cynicism of our enemies while denying our allies confidence in
our honesty."  And perhaps, Senator Inhofe would realize how ludicrous his
"outrage at the outrage" is.  And perhaps Rush Limbaugh would realize this
is all rather more than a "fraternity prank."

                   Carl Westberg Jr.