[Vision2020] Troubling comments

Shawn Clabough shawnc@outtrack.com
Tue, 11 May 2004 15:55:34 -0700

Does this mean that he's ok with prison guards here in the states doing
anything they want to murderers, rapists, etc?

Shawn

-----Original Message-----
From: vision2020-admin@moscow.com [mailto:vision2020-admin@moscow.com]
On Behalf Of Carl Westberg
Sent: Tuesday, May 11, 2004 12:26 PM
To: vision2020@moscow.com
Subject: [Vision2020] Troubling comments

During questioning of Maj. Gen. Taguba today, Senator James M. Inhofe of

Oklahoma, said "I'm probably not the only one up at this table that is
more
outraged by the outrage than we are by the treatment.....these
prisoners,
they're murderers, they're terrorists, they're insurgents....many of
them
have American blood on their hands.  And here we're so concerned about
the
treatment of those individuals....I am also outraged that we have so
many
humanitarian do-gooders right now crawling all over these prisons,
looking
for human rights violations while our troops, our heros, are fighting
and
dying."  Yes, indeed.  American troops are fighting and dying.  It's
also
true that a Red Cross report released yesterday reports that up to 90
percent of Iraqi detainees were arrested "by mistake."  How many of
these
abused prisoners are guilty of nothing?

          Carl Westberg Jr.