[Vision2020] Is this Fair???

Donovan Arnold donovanarnold@hotmail.com
Mon, 10 May 2004 22:27:04 -0700

I was thinking about what would be the fair and decent thing to do with the
soldiers that tortured, humiliated, and sodomized those in the Iraqi Prison.

What I would do is leave all those who knew about it and did nothing and
those that participated in the illegal behavior right there in Iraq. I would
let the newly formed Iraqi government put them on trial along with all the
others that will be tried for crimes against humanity. Then, if and when
they have been tried and served their sentences in Iraqi, they should be
brought back to the US and tried in a Court Martial.

It seems only fair. Think about it, if a foreign government was occupying
the United States, and this torture was done to US citizens on our own soil,
would we not ask to be able to try those who committed such atrocities? Or
would we accept the foreigners to punish them?

This really is disgusting, sad, and humiliating. There are something like a
1000 photos and MPEGS of this torture, including people being sodomized by a
light stick. My stomach turns, and I feel so sad and ashamed that our
military, or anyone in it, and certainly not an entire unit, can participate
in this, take photos, and have smiles on their face as they are doing it. I
wonder if this is going on elsewhere in Iraq. What really are the chances
someone could take 1000 photos unless it was happening more frequently.

I really hope that everyone on this server list prays that this sort of
thing stops everywhere, and that justice can come to those that participated
and are responsible for the inhumane treatment of these people.

This is something that will hurt all US Soldiers. We violate the Geneva
Convention, and others will violate it against our captured troops. Look
forward to this happening to our boys and girls in the future.

So I think we should just leave these people over there. They obviously feel
quiet comfortable anyway.

Respectfully,

Donovan J Arnold

PS, I do not think this reflects the core values of the average soldier. But
I think we need to bring them home if this is what 19 years old pregnant
Privates end up doing over there. Philip Zimbardo did this experiment many
years ago. The good people did the same thing they are doing in Iraq.

it's FREE! http://messenger.msn.com/go/onm00200471ave/direct/01/