[Vision2020] File Size--Agreement

Tbertruss@aol.com Tbertruss@aol.com
Sun, 9 May 2004 18:54:41 EDT

--part1_ea.4ddddc0d.2dd010b1_boundary

Donovan:

It might be sensible to set up a separate e-mail account dedicated to V2020=20
to avoid storage problems.=A0 This is what I have finally done after giving=20=
up on=20
V2020 several times because of my e-mail account overloading.=A0 I now have=20
three e-mail accounts.

I have a free Yahoo e-mail account that offers 4MB free storage.=A0 This is=20
double the 2MB that Hotmail offers for free, though I do pay the $20 a year=20=
also=20
for a Hotmail Extra Storage account that holds 10 MB.=20

Perhaps you could set up a free 4 MB storage Yahoo mail account for your use=
=20
of V2020.

When Google's Gmail goes public, if it ever does, it will offer 1000 MB (1=20
Gig) of free storage!=A0 This storage capacity for a web based e-mail servic=
e=20
would remove the issue of message size as a worry on V2020 or for just about=
 any=20
use within reasonable limits, though download times might still present=20
problems.=A0 Of course privacy advocates are concerned about some of the tri=
cks Gmail=20
will use to target advertising and other aspects of the service.

For V2020, well, because of the occasional 1MB or larger post, or numerous=20
smaller posts, I assume that to handle the V2020 list serve, I must have som=
e=20
serious storage available.=A0 My AOL e-mail is currently dedicated only to V=
2020.=A0=20

Even people trying to limit the size of their posts can make mistakes on=20
V2020 that result in very large messages.

I sometimes get 500K junk mail that is also a problem!

Ted Moffett

--part1_ea.4ddddc0d.2dd010b1_boundary

=3D"SANSSERIF" FACE=3D"Arial" LANG=3D"0"><BR>
<BR>
Donovan:<BR>
<BR>
It might be sensible to set up a separate e-mail account dedicated to V2020=20=
to avoid storage problems.=A0 This is what I have finally done after giving=20=
up on V2020 several times because of my e-mail account overloading.=A0 I now=
 have three e-mail accounts.<BR>
<BR>
I have a free Yahoo e-mail account that offers 4MB free storage.=A0 This is=20=
double the 2MB that Hotmail offers for free, though I do pay the $20 a year=20=
also for a Hotmail Extra Storage account that holds 10 MB. <BR>
<BR>
Perhaps you could set up a free 4 MB storage Yahoo mail account for your use=
 of V2020.<BR>
<BR>
When Google's Gmail goes public, if it ever does, it will offer 1000 MB (1 G=
ig) of free storage!=A0 This storage capacity for a web based e-mail service=
 would remove the issue of message size as a worry on V2020 or for just abou=
t any use within reasonable limits, though download times might still presen=
t problems.=A0 Of course privacy advocates are concerned about some of the t=
ricks Gmail will use to target advertising and other aspects of the service.=
<BR>
<BR>
For V2020, well, because of the occasional 1MB or larger post, or numerous s=
maller posts, I assume that to handle the V2020 list serve, I must have some=
 serious storage available.=A0 My AOL e-mail is currently dedicated only to=20=
V2020.=A0 <BR>
<BR>
Even people trying to limit the size of their posts can make mistakes on V20=
20 that result in very large messages.<BR>
<BR>
I sometimes get 500K junk mail that is also a problem!<BR>
<BR>
Ted Moffett<BR>
</FONT></HTML>
--part1_ea.4ddddc0d.2dd010b1_boundary--