[Vision2020] "Commissioners Adjust Tax Exemptions for Moscow Church "

Don Coombs mushroom@moscow.com
Thu, 06 May 2004 10:03:00 -0700

We shouldn't be having this discussion out in public. We shouldn't be
allowing people in other states and other parts of this state to
conclude that it MAY be okay, in backward Latah County, for somebody in
public office to vote on issues where he has a conflict of interest.

OF COURSE Paul Kimmell should have abstained from voting on tax
decisions affecting his church.

OF COURSE Paul Kimmell should not have become executive secretary of the
Chamber of Commerce after being elected a county commissioner.

If we use a lot of words and time to discuss it, we end up showing all
positions as tenable, just different. Some positions are not tenable; it
is a slamdunk that in the two situations mentioned above, Paul Kimmell
is WRONG.

Don Coombs