[Vision2020] Exerpts from Bill Clinton's 3/25/04 speech at the Democratic Party Meeting

Brad Neuman bradneuman@moscow.com
Wed, 5 May 2004 15:08:42 -0700

------=_NextPart_000_005B_01C432B2.DC69DF70

SOMETHING TO THINK ABOUT EVEN IF YOU DON'T LIKE THE MAN

=20

Subject: Excerpts from Bill Clinton's speech 3/25/04

=20

Please read these excerpts from Bill Clinton's speech at the "Democrats
United" democratic party meeting at the National Building Museum,
Washington, DC, Thursday, March 25, 2004:

=20

I'm going to give it to you as straight as I can. It's been an amazing, =
difficult, 3 years for America. After September 11, we were united in =
our
hurt and our fears and our determination, and our love for one another. =
Our
partisan politics didn't amount to a hill of beans. We got out of the =
blame
game and just wanted to join hands and take responsibility for our =
future,
to bind up our wounds and take care of the families of those who had
perished, and rid the world of terror. And the world was holding hands =
with
us. It was an astonishing opportunity that has not existed since the end =
of
the second world war.

=20

But the party in power in this town abandoned their stated purpose of
"compassionate conservatism" in favor of a ruthless attempt to =
concentrate
power and wealth. They took our patriotism and our unity and our =
affection
as a sign of weakness and they tried to push this country way to the =
right,
and they tried to push the world around. And the world said "No!" and =
the
country got divided all over again.

=20

Howard Dean was the first person who made it possible for all of us to =
say,
"We don't like what's going on here!".

=20

The Republicans used to be so mean to Hillary and me, but ever since we =
got
out and started making money, we are the most important people in =
America to
them. You are living in a budget today, passed by this Republican =
Congress,
that protected my tax cut and cut 300,000 poor children out of their
after-school programs - threw them on the street! 23,000 police off the
street. 140,000 unemployed workers out of their job training programs. A
couple hundred thousand working families not getting the child care
assistance they need to balance work and child rearing. Oh, but I was
protected. I never thought I'd be so important. I thought I shouldn't =
come
tonight, even of switching parties.

=20

In the budget now before the Congress, the White House has asked the
Congress of the United States of America to kick out the other 1.3 =
million
poor children out of their after-school programs, all across America. We
know it's the best thing for them to stay in school, keep learning, stay =
out
of trouble, stay off drugs, not drop out -- but, it's not as important =
as
saving every last penny on my tax cut. That's a choice they've made. =
It's
the wrong choice for America, and we can do better than that!

=20

They made a choice to take college loans away from 84,000 young people, =
and
in this budget, to deprive 300,000 more people of their child-care
assistance. And to go after all the environmental work that Al Gore and
Bruce Babbitt and our team did for 8 years, with a vengeance, to try to
reverse it all. It's a choice, and if you like the choice, you can stay =
with
it.

=20

They made a choice to take us from surplus to deficit and a huge debt. I
don't object to the deficits of the last couple of years, anybody would =
have
run them because of the emergency. But they passed these tax cuts and =
built
you a permanent debt, just like we had before we got in, in 1993. So =
what
happens is that every month, they've go to cover my tax cut and we've =
got a
deficit. How do they pay for it? First thing they do is take all the =
social
security checks that working people pay - like the people that served =
your
meal tonight - and once they pay out social security, they got a lot =
left,
so the President, the Vice-President, and the Secretary of the Treasury =
stay
up late in the White House every night and endorse those social security
checks over to me, and a lot of you.

=20

Now, if you think it's a good idea for your tax cut to be paid for out =
of
the retirement funds of the people who served your dinner, then you =
ought to
vote for them. If not, then John Kerry has a better deal for you. Look: =
if
people think in this election about the choices that have been made and =
the
vision that John Kerry offers, we win. Therefore, they have to get =
people to
stop thinking. And they're real good at that.  They've got to turn John
Kerry from a 3 dimensional human being into a 2 dimensional cartoon, and
it's what they know how to do. In 2000, and don't you ever forget this, =
in
the Republican primary in South Carolina, one of the things that turned =
the
tide was that the President's phone banking operation called all those =
white
South Carolina republicans and told them "Don't you forget John McCain =
has a
black baby before you go in and vote".  Because he had adopted a child, =
God
bless him, from Bangladesh. And in 2001 when we were trying to be united =
in
Afghanistan and Tom Daschle, our leader in the Senate, committed the
unpardonable sin of asking a question - which is what Senators are =
supposed
to do; within 24 hours they were running ads in South Dakota comparing =
him
to Saddam Hussein and John Walker Lindh.

=20

So now they say, "You can't vote for John Kerry, he's too liberal and he
won't stand up for America". First of all, how do you define liberal? =
When
we attempted to reform welfare, we cut the welfare rolls by 50% and John
Kerry voted for it, and stood up for it.

=20

John Kerry voted for the crime bill that put police on the streets when =
all
the Republicans were against it. He is tougher on crime than they are! =
Now
they are trying to take the police off the street that John voted to put =
in.

=20

On the budget, they make John look like a right winger. John Kerry
subscribes to the Bob Rubin theory of economics that one thing you can't =
get
rid of is arithmetic. These people talk about how disciplined they are.
About how, when we were there, we let people drink coffee out of =
Styrofoam
while they drink coffee from china cups, about how we let them work late
into the night wearing jeans and flannel shirts while they always work =
in
white shirts and ties. They're the mature party. They're the Daddy =
party.
They remind me of teenagers who got their inheritance too soon and =
couldn't
wait to blow it!

=20

Listen: on this security business, they are running ads that John Kerry =
did
not support the Appropriations Bill for Iraq. Was there ever any doubt =
that
the bill would pass? No. John Kerry voted to give Bush the authority for
Iraq and Bush promised he would let the U.N. do their job, but Bush =
didn't
let them do their job. S o John Kerry voted against the Iraq =
appropriations
bill in protest. That had nothing to do with not taking care of the =
troops.
John McCain voted against several defense budgets when Al and I were in =
the
White House, but nobody ever accused John McCain of compromising the
security of America. Get off my back! -  that's just another bogus ad =
they
can't wait to run because they don't want people to think.

=20

Here is what I know about John Kerry: During the Viet Nam era which =
marked
us all, most young men, including the President, the Vice-President and =
me,
could have gone to Viet Nam and did not go, and John Kerry said "Send =
me".
Then, when it was all over and we needed to account for our POW's and =
MIA's
and send someone over there who had been there before, John Kerry said =
"Send
me". When we needed real homeland security - more police, more firemen, =
more
protection at our airports and ports - John Kerry said "Send me".

=20

On many of these issues, the Republicans were AWOL.

=20

Last year there was a vote in the Congress to double the number of
containers we are checking in our ports and airports for Weapons of Mass
Destruction. All the expert say 5% is not enough. The bill said that we
would pay for it by reducing the tax cut of the 200,000 Americans who =
pay
taxes on over 1 million dollars from 88,000 to 83,000 dollars. 90% of us
would have gladly paid it. But the White House and the leadership in
Congress fought it like a demon because, as nice as it would be to make =
the
airports and ports safe, and after spending $150 billion on Iraq, it =
wasn't
worth it to take 5,000 lousy bucks away from my tax cut.

=20

Through all these things, John Kerry has been there saying, "Send me".

=20

They are going to do their darndest to turn a good man into a cartoon. =
They
are good at this, folks. They love power, they know how to get it, and =
they
know how to keep it. Our party has a new leader. We know we're going in =
the
wrong direction. He knows what to do to turn it around. So I ask you to =
look
at John Kerry tonight and say to him what he's said to us his entire =
adult

life: "Send me".

=20

Brad Neuman <mailto:brad@bigmeadowcreekalpacas.com> =20

=20

------=_NextPart_000_005B_01C432B2.DC69DF70

<head>
charset=3Dus-ascii">

<!--
 /* Style Definitions */
	{margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:12.0pt;
	font-family:"Times New Roman";}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{color:blue;
	text-decoration:underline;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
	{color:purple;
	text-decoration:underline;}
p.MsoAutoSig, li.MsoAutoSig, div.MsoAutoSig
	{margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:12.0pt;
	font-family:"Times New Roman";}
span.EmailStyle17
	{font-family:Arial;
	color:windowtext;}
@page Section1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in;}
div.Section1
	{page:Section1;}
-->

</head>

face=3D"Courier New"><span
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Courier New"'>SOMETHING TO THINK =
ABOUT

face=3D"Courier New"><span
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Courier =

face=3D"Courier New"><span
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Courier New"'>Subject: Excerpts =
from Bill </span></font><font
 size=3D2 face=3D"Courier New"><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Courier =
New"'>Clint</span></font><font
size=3D2 face=3D"Courier New"><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Courier New"'>on's
style=3D'font-size:

face=3D"Courier New"><span
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Courier =

face=3D"Courier New"><span
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Courier New"'>Please read these =
excerpts
style=3D'font-size:
 10.0pt;font-family:"Courier New"'>Clint</span></font><font size=3D2
face=3D"Courier New"><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Courier New"'>on's
speech at the &quot;Democrats United&quot; democratic party meeting at =
the
National Building Museum, Washington, DC, </span></font><font
 size=3D2 face=3D"Courier New"><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Courier New"'>Thursday,

face=3D"Courier New"><span
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Courier =

face=3D"Courier New"><span
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Courier New"'>I'm going to give =
it to you
as straight as I can. It's been an amazing, a difficult, 3 years for =
  size=3D2 face=3D"Courier New"><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Courier =
New"'>America</span></font><font
size=3D2 face=3D"Courier New"><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Courier New"'>.
After September 11, we were united in our hurt and our fears and our
determination, and our love for one another. Our partisan politics =
didn't
amount to a hill of beans. We got out of the blame game and just wanted =
to join
hands and take responsibility for our future, to bind up our wounds and =
take
care of the families of those who had perished, and rid the world of =
terror.
And the world was holding hands with us. It was an astonishing =
opportunity that

face=3D"Courier New"><span
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Courier =

face=3D"Courier New"><span
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Courier New"'>But the party in =
power in
 style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Courier =
New"'>ba</span></font><font
size=3D2 face=3D"Courier New"><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Courier New"'>ndoned
their stated purpose of &quot;compassionate conservatism&quot; in favor =
of a
ruthless attempt to concentrate power and wealth. </span></font><font =
size=3D2
 face=3D"Courier New"><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Courier =
New"'>The</span></font><font
size=3D2 face=3D"Courier New"><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Courier New"'>y
took our patriotism and our unity and our affection as a sign of =
weakness and
they tried to push this country way to the right, and they tried to push =
the
world around. And the world said &quot;No!&quot; and the country got =
divided

face=3D"Courier New"><span
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Courier =

face=3D"Courier New"><span
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Courier New"'>Howard Dean was the =
first
person who made it possible for all of us to say, &quot;We don't like =
what's

face=3D"Courier New"><span
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Courier =

face=3D"Courier New"><span
 style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Courier =
New"'>The</span></font><font
size=3D2 face=3D"Courier New"><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Courier New"'>
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;
 font-family:"Courier New"'>Re</span></font><font size=3D2 =
face=3D"Courier New"><span
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Courier New"'>publicans used to =
be so mean
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;
 font-family:"Courier New"'>Hill</span></font><font size=3D2 =
face=3D"Courier New"><span
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Courier New"'>ary and me, but =
[...]
need to </span></font><font
 size=3D2 face=3D"Courier New"><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Courier =
New"'>ba</span></font><font
size=3D2 face=3D"Courier New"><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Courier New"'>lance
work and child rearing. Oh, but I was protected. I never thought I'd be =
so
important. I thought I shouldn't come tonight, even of switching =

face=3D"Courier New"><span
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Courier =

face=3D"Courier New"><span
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Courier New"'>In the budget now =
before the
Congress, the White House has asked the Congress of the =
  size=3D2 face=3D"Courier New"><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Courier New"'>United
  States of America</span></font><font size=3D2 face=3D"Courier =
New"><span
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Courier New"'> to kick out the =
[...]

style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Courier New"'>Now, if you think =
it's a
good idea for your tax cut to be paid for out of the retirement funds of =
the
people who served your dinner, then you ought to vote for them. If not, =
then
John Kerry has a better deal for you. Look: if people think in this =
election
about the choices that have been made and the vision that John Kerry =
offers, we
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;
 font-family:"Courier New"'>The</span></font><font size=3D2 =
face=3D"Courier New"><span
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Courier New"'>refore, they have =
to get
people to stop thinking. And they're real good at that.&nbsp; =
 size=3D2 face=3D"Courier New"><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Courier =
New"'>The</span></font><font
size=3D2 face=3D"Courier New"><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Courier New"'>y've
got to turn John Kerry from a 3 dimensional human being into a 2 =
dimensional
cartoon, and it's what they know how to do. In 2000, and don't you ever =
forget
 style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Courier =
New"'>Re</span></font><font
size=3D2 face=3D"Courier New"><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Courier New"'>publican
primary in South Carolina, one of the things that turned the tide was =
that the
President's phone </span></font><font size=3D2 face=3D"Courier =
New"><span
 style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Courier =
New"'>ba</span></font><font
size=3D2 face=3D"Courier New"><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Courier New"'>nking
operation called all those white South Carolina republicans and told =
them
style=3D'font-size:
 10.0pt;font-family:"Courier New"'>Don</span></font><font size=3D2
face=3D"Courier New"><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Courier New"'>'t
you forget John McCain has a black </span></font><font size=3D2 =
face=3D"Courier New"><span
 style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Courier =
New"'>ba</span></font><font
size=3D2 face=3D"Courier New"><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Courier New"'>by
before you go in and vote&quot;.&nbsp; Because he had adopted a child, =
God bless
style=3D'font-size:
  10.0pt;font-family:"Courier New"'>Bangladesh</span></font><font =
size=3D2
face=3D"Courier New"><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Courier New"'>.
And in 2001 when we were trying to be united in </span></font><font =
size=3D2
  face=3D"Courier New"><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Courier =
New"'>Afghanistan</span></font><font
size=3D2 face=3D"Courier New"><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Courier New"'>
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;
 font-family:"Courier New"'>Tom</span></font><font size=3D2 =
face=3D"Courier New"><span
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Courier New"'> Daschle, our =
leader in the
Senate, committed the unpardonable sin of asking a question - which is =
what
Senators are supposed to do; within 24 hours they were running ads in =
  size=3D2 face=3D"Courier New"><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Courier New"'>South
style=3D'font-size:
10.0pt;font-family:"Courier New"'> comparing him to Saddam Hussein and =
John

face=3D"Courier New"><span
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Courier =

face=3D"Courier New"><span
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Courier New"'>So now they say, =
&quot;You
can't vote for John Kerry, he's too liberal and he won't stand up for =
  size=3D2 face=3D"Courier New"><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Courier =
New"'>America</span></font><font
size=3D2 face=3D"Courier New"><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Courier New"'>&quot;.
First of all, how do you define liberal? When we attempted to reform =
welfare,
we cut the welfare rolls by 50% and John Kerry voted for it, and stood =
up for

face=3D"Courier New"><span
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Courier =

face=3D"Courier New"><span
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Courier New"'>John Kerry voted =
for the
crime bill that put police on the streets when all the =
 size=3D2 face=3D"Courier New"><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Courier =
New"'>Re</span></font><font
size=3D2 face=3D"Courier New"><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Courier New"'>publicans
were against it. He is tougher on crime than they are! Now they are =
trying to
take the police off the street that John voted to put =

face=3D"Courier New"><span
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Courier =

face=3D"Courier New"><span
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Courier New"'>On the budget, they =
make
John look like a right winger. John Kerry subscribes to the =
 size=3D2 face=3D"Courier New"><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Courier =
New"'>Bo</span></font><font
size=3D2 face=3D"Courier New"><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Courier New"'>b
Rubin theory of economics that one thing you can't get rid of is =
arithmetic. </span></font><font
 size=3D2 face=3D"Courier New"><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Courier =
New"'>The</span></font><font
size=3D2 face=3D"Courier New"><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Courier New"'>se
people talk about how disciplined they are. About how, when we were =
there, we
let people drink coffee out of Styrofoam while they drink coffee from =
china
cups, about how we let them work late into the night wearing jeans and =
flannel
shirts while they always work in white shirts and ties. =
 size=3D2 face=3D"Courier New"><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Courier =
New"'>The</span></font><font
size=3D2 face=3D"Courier New"><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Courier New"'>y're
the mature party. </span></font><font size=3D2 face=3D"Courier =
New"><span
 style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Courier =
New"'>The</span></font><font
size=3D2 face=3D"Courier New"><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Courier New"'>y're
 style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Courier =
New"'>The</span></font><font
size=3D2 face=3D"Courier New"><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Courier New"'>y
remind me of teenagers who got their inheritance too soon and couldn't =
wait to

face=3D"Courier New"><span
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Courier =

face=3D"Courier New"><span
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Courier New"'>Listen: on this =
security
business, they are running ads that John Kerry did not support the
Appropriations Bill for </span></font><font size=3D2 face=3D"Courier =
New"><span
  style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Courier =
New"'>Iraq</span></font><font
size=3D2 face=3D"Courier New"><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Courier New"'>.
Was there ever any doubt that the bill would pass? No. John Kerry voted =
to give
Bush the authority for </span></font><font size=3D2 face=3D"Courier =
New"><span
  style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Courier =
New"'>Iraq</span></font><font
size=3D2 face=3D"Courier New"><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Courier New"'>
and Bush promised he would let the U.N. do their job, but Bush didn't =
let them
do their job. S o John Kerry voted against the </span></font><font =
size=3D2
  face=3D"Courier New"><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Courier =
New"'>Iraq</span></font><font
size=3D2 face=3D"Courier New"><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Courier New"'>
appropriations bill in protest. That had nothing to do with not taking =
care of
the troops. John McCain voted against several defense budgets when Al =
and I
were in the White House, but nobody ever accused John McCain of =
compromising
  style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Courier =
New"'>America</span></font><font
size=3D2 face=3D"Courier New"><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Courier New"'>.
 style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Courier =
New"'>ba</span></font><font
size=3D2 face=3D"Courier New"><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Courier New"'>ck!
-&nbsp; that's just another bogus ad they can't wait to run because they =
don't want

face=3D"Courier New"><span
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Courier =

face=3D"Courier New"><span
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Courier New"'>Here is what I know =
about
John Kerry: During the Viet Nam era which marked us all, most young men,
including the President, the Vice-President and me, could have gone to =
  size=3D2 face=3D"Courier New"><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Courier New"'>Viet
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;
font-family:"Courier New"'> and did not go, and John Kerry said =
&quot;Send
style=3D'font-size:
 10.0pt;font-family:"Courier New"'>The</span></font><font size=3D2
face=3D"Courier New"><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Courier New"'>n,
when it was all over and we needed to account for our POW's and MIA's =
and send
someone over there who had been there before, John Kerry said &quot;Send
me&quot;. When we needed real homeland security - more police, more =
firemen,
more protection at our airports and ports - John Kerry said &quot;Send

face=3D"Courier New"><span
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Courier =

face=3D"Courier New"><span
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Courier New"'>On many of these =
issues, the
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;
 font-family:"Courier New"'>Re</span></font><font size=3D2 =
face=3D"Courier New"><span
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Courier New"'>publicans were =

face=3D"Courier New"><span
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Courier =

face=3D"Courier New"><span
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Courier New"'>Last year there was =
[...]

style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Courier New"'>Through all these =
things,

face=3D"Courier New"><span
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Courier =

face=3D"Courier New"><span
 style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Courier =
New"'>The</span></font><font
size=3D2 face=3D"Courier New"><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Courier New"'>y
are going to do their darndest to turn a good man into a cartoon. =
 size=3D2 face=3D"Courier New"><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Courier =
New"'>The</span></font><font
size=3D2 face=3D"Courier New"><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Courier New"'>y
are good at this, folks. </span></font><font size=3D2 face=3D"Courier =
New"><span
 style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Courier =
New"'>The</span></font><font
size=3D2 face=3D"Courier New"><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Courier New"'>y
love power, they know how to get it, and they know how to keep it. Our =
party
has a new leader. We know we're going in the wrong direction. He knows =
what to
do to turn it around. So I ask you to look at John Kerry tonight and say =
to him

style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;

style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;

style=3D'font-size: