[Vision2020] Retractions coming??

Paul Duffau pduffau@adelphia.net
Tue, 04 May 2004 20:04:27 -0700

--=====================_96657323==_.ALT

Joan,

Thank you for the correction.  Fortunately, I saw your correction before I=
 replied to another post and thus avoided yet another "did too, did not"=
 type of conversation.  Were former President Clinton and former VP Gore=
 sworn in their testimony?  I haven't been able to determine either way and=
 the Commission website doesn't help.

Thanks again.

Paul Duffau

At 10:30 AM 5/4/04 -0700, you wrote:
> =20
>I wrote:
> =20
> >Both Bill Clinton and Al Gore testified in public and on the record. =20
> =20
>Pardon me; I misspoke.  Clinton and Gore did not testify in public.  They=
 met privately with the commissioners.  Gore testified for three hours,=
 Clinton for four.  Their testimony was recorded/transcribed.  Some of it=
 dealt with classified matters and will be redacted in the official=
 transcripts, as is standard.  Both had advisers present, but Clinton and=
 Gore did not testify together.
> =20
>Bush and Cheney, together, met with the commission for three hours.  Also=
 present were White House Counsel Alberto Gonzales and two of staff=
 attorneys.  The meeting was neither recorded nor transcribed.  Committee=
 members were merely allowed to take notes.
> =20
>Now, why Pat thinks that any of this information would inspire a retraction=
 of the various cracks we've made about George Bush's unwillingness to=
 appear before the 9/11 commission without his pal Dick Cheney in tow is a=
 mystery.  Mr. Bush set limits on his own testimony that made him look=
 ridiculous at best, disingenuous at worst.  The sitting president you're so=
 fond of, Pat, is forever comparing 9/11 to Pearl Harbor, but unlike=
 Franklin Roosevelt, who created a blue ribbon panel to investigate that=
 attack shortly after it happened, Mr. Bush stalled the creation of the 9/11=
 commission for more than a year.  Once it was finally established, over his=
 objections, he attempted to block its funding, he tried to keep Condoleezza=
 Rice from testifying, and he turned somersaults and backflips to avoid=
 testifying himself.  It was only when these positions became politically=
 untenable -- after Richard Clarke's searing indictment of the=
 administration's pre-9/11 inaction -- that Mr. Bush agreed to testify, and=
 then his testimony was not on the record and it was not on his own.  It was=
 with aid and abetment of Dick Cheney, whom many suspect of being the real=
 power (or is that brains?) behind the throne.
> =20
>Bush made himself look silly, weak and ignorant.  He didn't need any help=
 from the late night comics on this list -- though I, for one, thank him for=
 the great material.
> =20
>Joan Opyr/Auntie Establishment
>       =20
>

>----------
>Get more from the Web. FREE MSN Explorer download : http://explorer.msn.com

--=====================_96657323==_.ALT

Joan,<br>
Thank you for the correction.&nbsp; Fortunately, I saw your correction
before I replied to another post and thus avoided yet another &quot;did
too, did not&quot; type of conversation.&nbsp; Were former President
Clinton and former VP Gore sworn in their testimony?&nbsp; I haven't been
able to determine either way and the Commission website doesn't
help.<br>
Thanks again.<br>
Paul Duffau<br>
At 10:30 AM 5/4/04 -0700, you wrote:<br>
I wrote:<br>
&nbsp;<br>
&gt;Both Bill Clinton and Al Gore testified in public and on the
record.&nbsp; <br>
&nbsp;<br>
Pardon me; I misspoke.&nbsp; Clinton and Gore did not testify in
public.&nbsp; They met privately with the commissioners.&nbsp; Gore
testified for three hours, Clinton for four.&nbsp; Their testimony was
recorded/transcribed.&nbsp; Some of it dealt with classified matters and
will be redacted in the official transcripts, as is standard.&nbsp; Both
had advisers present, but Clinton and Gore did not testify=20
together.<br>
&nbsp;<br>
Bush and Cheney, together, met with the commission for three hours.&nbsp;
Also present were White House Counsel Alberto Gonzales and two of staff
attorneys.&nbsp; The meeting was neither recorded nor transcribed.&nbsp;
Committee members were merely allowed to take notes.<br>
&nbsp;<br>
Now, why Pat thinks that any of this information would inspire a
retraction of the various cracks we've made about George Bush's
unwillingness to appear before the 9/11 commission without his pal Dick
Cheney in tow is a mystery.&nbsp; Mr. Bush set limits on his own
testimony that made him look ridiculous at best, disingenuous at
worst.&nbsp; The sitting president you're so fond of, Pat, is forever
comparing 9/11 to Pearl Harbor, but unlike Franklin Roosevelt, who
created a blue ribbon panel to investigate that attack shortly after it
happened, Mr. Bush stalled the creation of the 9/11 commission for more
than a year.&nbsp; Once it was finally established, over his objections,
he attempted to block its funding, he tried to keep Condoleezza Rice from
testifying, and he turned somersaults and backflips to avoid testifying
himself.&nbsp; It was only when these positions became politically
untenable -- after Richard Clarke's searing indictment of the
administration's pre-9/11 inaction -- that Mr. Bush agreed to testify,
and then his testimony was not on the record and it was not on his
own.&nbsp; It was with aid and abetment of Dick Cheney, whom many suspect
of being the real power (or is that brains?) behind the throne.<br>
&nbsp;<br>
Bush made himself look silly, weak and ignorant.&nbsp; He didn't need any
help from the late night comics on this list -- though I, for one, thank
him for the great material.<br>
&nbsp;<br>
Joan Opyr/Auntie Establishment<br>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <br>
<hr>
Get more from the Web. FREE MSN Explorer download :
e></html>