[Vision2020] Retractions coming??

Joan Opyr auntiestablishment@hotmail.com
Tue, 4 May 2004 10:30:42 -0700

------=_NextPart_001_0004_01C431C2.DA41FA70

I wrote:

>Both Bill Clinton and Al Gore testified in public and on the record.  =20

Pardon me; I misspoke.  Clinton and Gore did not testify in public.  They=
 met privately with the commissioners.  Gore testified for three hours, C=
linton for four.  Their testimony was recorded/transcribed.  Some of it d=
ealt with classified matters and will be redacted in the official transcr=
ipts, as is standard.  Both had advisers present, but Clinton and Gore di=
d not testify together.

Bush and Cheney, together, met with the commission for three hours.  Also=
 present were White House Counsel Alberto Gonzales and two of staff attor=
neys.  The meeting was neither recorded nor transcribed.  Committee membe=
rs were merely allowed to take notes.

Now, why Pat thinks that any of this information would inspire a retracti=
on of the various cracks we've made about George Bush's unwillingness to =
appear before the 9/11 commission without his pal Dick Cheney in tow is a=
 mystery.  Mr. Bush set limits on his own testimony that made him look ri=
diculous at best, disingenuous at worst.  The sitting president you're so=
 fond of, Pat, is forever comparing 9/11 to Pearl Harbor, but unlike Fran=
klin Roosevelt, who created a blue ribbon panel to investigate that attac=
k shortly after it happened, Mr. Bush stalled the creation of the 9/11 co=
mmission for more than a year.  Once it was finally established, over his=
 objections, he attempted to block its funding, he tried to keep Condolee=
zza Rice from testifying, and he turned somersaults and backflips to avoi=
d testifying himself.  It was only when these positions became politicall=
y untenable -- after Richard Clarke's searing indictment of the administr=
ation's pre-9/11 inaction -- that Mr. Bush agreed to testify, and then hi=
s testimony was not on the record and it was not on his own.  It was with=
 aid and abetment of Dick Cheney, whom many suspect of being the real pow=
er (or is that brains?) behind the throne.

Bush made himself look silly, weak and ignorant.  He didn't need any help=
 from the late night comics on this list -- though I, for one, thank him =
for the great material.

Joan Opyr/Auntie Establishment
       Get more from the Web.  FREE MSN Explorer download : http://explor=
er.msn.com

------=_NextPart_001_0004_01C431C2.DA41FA70

<HTML><BODY STYLE=3D"font:10pt verdana; border:none;"><DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <=
DIV>I wrote:</DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV>&gt;Both Bill Clinton and Al Go=
re testified in public and on the record.&nbsp; </DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> =
<DIV>Pardon me; I misspoke.&nbsp; Clinton and Gore did not testify in pub=
lic.&nbsp; They met privately with the commissioners.&nbsp; Gore testifie=
d for three hours,&nbsp;Clinton for four.&nbsp; Their testimony was recor=
ded/transcribed.&nbsp; Some of it dealt with classified matters and will =
be redacted in the official transcripts, as is standard.&nbsp; Both had a=
dvisers present, but&nbsp;Clinton and Gore did not testify together.</DIV=
> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV>Bush and Cheney, together,&nbsp;met with the com=
mission&nbsp;for three hours.&nbsp; Also present were White House&nbsp;Co=
unsel Alberto Gonzales and two of&nbsp;staff attorneys.&nbsp; The&nbsp;me=
eting was neither recorded nor transcribed.&nbsp; Committee members were =
merely allowed to take notes.</DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV>Now, why Pat t=
hinks that any of this information would inspire a retraction&nbsp;of the=
 various cracks we've made about George Bush's&nbsp;unwillingness to appe=
ar before the 9/11 commission without his pal Dick Cheney in tow is a mys=
tery.&nbsp; Mr. Bush set limits on his own testimony that made him look r=
idiculous at best, disingenuous at worst.&nbsp;&nbsp;The sitting presiden=
t&nbsp;you're so fond of, Pat, is&nbsp;forever comparing 9/11 to&nbsp;Pea=
rl Harbor, but unlike&nbsp;Franklin Roosevelt, who created&nbsp;a blue ri=
bbon&nbsp;panel to investigate&nbsp;that&nbsp;attack&nbsp;shortly after i=
t happened,&nbsp;Mr. Bush stalled the creation of the 9/11 commission for=
 more than a year.&nbsp; Once it was finally established, over his object=
ions, he attempted to block its funding, he&nbsp;tried to keep Condoleezz=
a Rice from&nbsp;testifying, and he turned somersaults and backflips to a=
void testifying himself.&nbsp; It was only when these positions became po=
litically untenable -- after Richard Clarke's searing indictment of the a=
dministration's pre-9/11 inaction -- that Mr. Bush agreed to testify, and=
 then his testimony was not on the record and it was not on his own.&nbsp=
; It was&nbsp;with aid and abetment of Dick Cheney, whom many suspect of&=
nbsp;being the real power (or is that brains?) behind the throne.</DIV> <=
DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV>Bush made himself look silly, weak and ignorant.&nb=
sp; He didn't need any help from the late night comics on this list -- th=
ough I, for one, thank him for&nbsp;the great material.</DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;=
</DIV> <DIV>Joan Opyr/Auntie Establishment</DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&=
nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; </DIV></BODY></HTML><br clear=3Dall><hr>Get more from t=
he Web.  FREE MSN Explorer download : <a href=3D'http://explorer.msn.com'=

------=_NextPart_001_0004_01C431C2.DA41FA70--