[Vision2020] CAXTON PRESS STEPS FORWARD WITH MANAGEMENT ALTERNATIVE FOR UI

Ron Force rforce@moscow.com
Wed, 31 Mar 2004 12:18:20 -0800

Tom,

It's not really saving the Press, just liquidating the assets. No further
books will be published, although some hope is being held out that the Press
could be revived as a separate entity if economic conditions change. I do
not share Ms. Huskey's critique of a takeover by private enterprise. Caxton
Press is offering real charity, given the slow sales of most UP titles.

This is not meant to be negative or critical.  There's too many distructive
emotions running around the university right now.

Ron Force          rforce@moscow.com

-----Original Message-----
From: vision2020-admin@moscow.com [mailto:vision2020-admin@moscow.com]On
Behalf Of thansen@moscow.com
Sent: Wednesday, March 31, 2004 12:11 PM
To: vision2020@moscow.com
Subject: RE: [Vision2020] CAXTON PRESS STEPS FORWARD WITH MANAGEMENT
ALTERNATIVE FOR UI

This is one reason why I am considering dropping from vision2020.  A UI alum
steps to the plate to save the UI Press and this is how some people respond.

Well, unlike some people on this listserve, I am extremely proud of my Alma
Mater and my degree which I earned from it.  In spite of horrendous budget
problems and the necessary belt tightening that have been caused by
mismanagement of UI funds, I still (and will always) see the UI glass as
half
full.

I just thought that something had to be said before I sign off.

Some other time, some other place.

Until then . . .

Take care of yourselves and each other.

Tom Hansen