[Vision2020] The BS Bullwinkle strikes again

Joan Opyr auntiestablishment@hotmail.com
Tue, 30 Mar 2004 19:48:12 -0800

Dear Visionaries:

I don't know about you, but I'd prefer that Doug Wilson not address the sin
of homophobia.  In fact, I would much rather he fill his hot tub with
homophobia (plus a generous dash of chlorine), strip right down to his
birthday suit, and wallow in it, enjoying the bubbles and the Jacuzzi
massage jets.  Why?  Because I fear that Doug will do for the sin of
homophobia exactly what he did for the sin of racism: he'll take what
appears on the surface to be a reasonable and perhaps even conciliatory
position, and he'll use it to mask his regressive views and repressive
agenda.

You remember this technique, don't you?  It's called diversion.  "I'm no
David Duke," he says.  "I love black people.  Pay no attention what I
actually said in that booklet I wrote on slavery.  You misread me.  I didn't
mean it.  I was talking to someone else.  Hey, want to watch me pull a
rabbit from a hat?  Presto!  Don't know my own strength."

If you're really desperate to know what Doug thinks about gays and lesbians,
read his writing.  Run a search on Google.  Have a look at Credenda Agenda.
Hell, comb through the archives of Vision2020.  You'll find that you've
heard it all before.  Love the sin, hate the sinner.  We shouldn't fear
homosexuals; we should "love" them, so we can "cure" them.  Circle, circle,
dot, dot, how can we give those poor, deluded gay people an Old Testament
cooties shot?

Don't be distracted folks.  Doug doesn't give a tinker's cuss about
homophobia.  The real question he and his friends are asking themselves is
how can we get people off of Christ Church's back and onto the subject of
gay marriage?  It didn't work when we tried it back in January so what about
. . . I've got it!  A talk on the sin of homophobia!  That'll get 'em
buzzing.

While I wouldn't presume to tell any of the rest of you what to do, here's
where I'll be on the-sin-of-homophobia night: sitting in front of my
television watching reruns of "The Bullwinkle and Rocky Show" on the
Boomerang Network.  Let Doug and company (manu)fracture their own fairy
tale.  I've got a life.

Natasha, you get moose and squirrel.  I vill rest under tree.

Joan "Boris" Opyr