[Vision2020] Save Bob Edwards

Dick Schmidt dickschmidt@moscow.com
Tue, 30 Mar 2004 15:16:37 -0800

------=_NextPart_000_000C_01C41669.FEF85040

Joan,

Thanks for mentioning this again as I had intended to send an email and =
finally did to morning edition at NPR. I think it carries more weight if =
you give your name, address and phone number. I think Bob Edwards is =
probably one of the most believable people in the news business.

Dick Schmidt

Joan Opyr auntiestablishment@hotmail.com=20
Tue, 30 Mar 2004 13:45:43 -0800=20

Carl wrote to us all a few days ago about National Public Radio's =
incredibly=20
stupid, mind-numbingly short-sighted, morally reprehensible decision to=20
replace Bob Edwards, the 56 year-old host of Morning Edition.  =
Apparently,=20
NPR feels that it needs a fresh (read younger) host rather than smooth,=20
comfortable, trustworthy Bob.  Like many -- like Carl, in fact -- I was=20
outraged.  I wrote a couple of stinging missives to NPR's Jay Kernis, =
Bob=20
Edwards' boss, and got back a lot of pap in response.  Today, I came =
across=20
an online petition; perhaps it will have greater effect.

If you're interested in signing, go to www.savebobedwards.com.

Joan Opyr/Auntie Establishment

PS: I just checked my driver's license, and I see that 56 looms before =
me, a=20
scant 19 years away.  As I can remember exactly where I was and what I =
was=20
doing 19 years ago, I'm well aware of the fact that time passes swiftly. =
=20
One minute you're at a Bangles' concert wearing a pair of black =
parachute=20
pants from Merry-Go-Round; the next, you're listening to Enya and =
shopping=20
for khakis at Wal-Mart.  Surely Bob Edwards has ten or fifteen or twenty =

good seasons left in him.  Surely this is a nasty bit of age =
discrimination.=20
  Come now, my fellow over-thirties -- our ox is being gored!

------=_NextPart_000_000C_01C41669.FEF85040

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV>Joan,</DIV>
<DIV><STRONG></STRONG>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Thanks for mentioning this again as I had intended to send an email =
and=20
finally did to morning edition at NPR. I think it carries more weight if =
you=20
give your name, address and phone number. I think Bob Edwards is =
probably one of=20
the most believable people in the news business.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Dick Schmidt</DIV>
<DIV><STRONG></STRONG>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><STRONG>Joan Opyr </STRONG><A title=3D"[Vision2020] Save Bob =
Edwards"=20
href=3D"mailto:auntiestablishment%40hotmail.com">auntiestablishment@hotma=
il.com=20
</A><BR><I>Tue, 30 Mar 2004 13:45:43 -0800</I> </DIV>
<P></P><!--beginarticle--><PRE>Carl wrote to us all a few days ago about =
[...]

</PRE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_000C_01C41669.FEF85040--