[Vision2020] RE: Golf (was Re: excommunication)

Carl Westberg carlwestberg846@hotmail.com
Wed, 24 Mar 2004 11:13:16 -0800

Saundra....as I'm sure you can understand, I must (as opposed to the recent,
rather strange decision of Justice Antonin Scalia) recuse myself from
further discussion on this particular topic.  I sense an obvious clash of
golf, church, and state, and any further involvement on my part would only
further endanger my already rather hapless and struggling church.

                                   Carl Westberg Jr.

>From: "Saundra Lund" <sslund@adelphia.net>
>To: <asmoucha@hotmail.com>, <vision2020@moscow.com>
>CC: "Joan Opyr" <auntiestablishment@hotmail.com>,
><carlwestberg846@hotmail.com>
>Subject: [Vision2020] RE: Golf (was  Re: excommunication)
>Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2004 09:23:08 -0800
>
>In part, Amy Smoucha wrote:
>"(Carl, I don't give a whig about golf, so your church is outside my
>interest area.  But, for the heck of it, do your Bishops wear dresses?)"
>
>Ahhh . . . Ms. Smoucha, I think you just cleared something up for me!  This
>is one of those, "Eureka!" moments  :-)
>
>We really shouldn't make light of Carl's Golf Church.  With five years,
>sufficient cash, and a handicap of 12.0 or under you can get a PGM
>(Professional Golf Management) degree from the UI!  Surely that makes the
>worship of golf a loftier pursuit than caring about things like equality,
>economics, human rights, and the like!
>
>OK, wait, I don't want to mislead anyone . . . you don't actually get a
>degree in PGM, but if you follow the PGM curriculum for 5 years, you can
>get
>a BS (I'm biting my tongue here) in Marketing with a PGM option.  Think I'm
>joking?  Check out:
>http://www.uidaho.edu/pgm/index.html
>"The University of Idaho's Professional Golf Management (PGM) program, a
>five year college curriculum for aspiring PGA Professionals, is a
>structured
>educational program endorsed by the PGA of America. . . Our intent is to
>prepare students for a successful career in the golf industry through
>extensive classroom studies, internship experience, and *player
>development*. . . This program consists of three separate, but very
>integrated components. In addition to the academic curriculum of a Business
>Marketing major and a minimum 16 months of compensated Co-op/Internship
>experience, the PGM program incorporates a golf specific component. . .
>While in the program, U of I PGM students will complete all three levels of
>the PGA's PGM and upon graduation will be eligible for election into the
>PGA
>of America if all requirements are met."
>[Note:  emphasis is mine.  SL]
>
>I kid you not.  Be sure to fully explore the site where you'll find, among
>other things, that:
>"The PGM program at the University of Idaho provides a unique and rewarding
>atmosphere, and is designed to attract and educate highly motivated men and
>women seeking careers as golf professionals."
>and
>"The PGA considers the ability to play the game of golf with a high degree
>of proficiency as vital for membership. Every PGM student must pass a
>Player
>Ability Test (PAT) in order to gain membership into the PGA of America. . .
>PGM students are priority users of the U of I golf course and have
>exclusive
> [...]

Find a broadband plan that fits. Great local deals on high-speed Internet
access.
https://broadband.msn.com/?pgmarket=en-us/go/onm00200360ave/direct/01/