[Vision2020] No raises?

Robert Dickow Robert Dickow" <dickow@uidaho.edu
Tue, 23 Mar 2004 13:28:45 -0800

So I see this morning some newspaper mention that folks at UofI (where I
work) may not be getting the 1.69% raise that was  promised. Hmm.... I felt
my pulse to see why I wasn't unusually stunned by this announcement.

So, ok, just for fun.... let's say that the prospect of a raise, after some
3 years at least with no raise, that the actual prospect of a raise this
year raised my morale to such dizzying heights that I decided to turn down
that offer of a Professorship at Princeton for this coming fall.

Could I sue the University of Idaho?? (Maybe, but probably only for the 9 or
10 bucks per month that the raise would have netted me.)

I tried to get a job down at the local gas station, but they said no, they
had real doctors working there.

Bob Dickow, Ph.D.