[Vision2020] Re: Logos Questions, and I why I expect Tom Garfield to respond

Bill Strand strand@pacsim.com
Fri, 12 Mar 2004 09:34:12 -0800

Hi Saundra,

I was also raised in an "old fashioned" household. My friend Jim calls
it the "when I say jump, ask how high on the way up" style of
upbringing. However, my wife is a Swede and she was raised in a
completely different style. When we discussed raising our daughters, I
agreed to follow my wife's guidelines (as any humbled man would) while
at the same time quietly shaking my head and thinking "You can't raise
kids this way"!

Fifteen years later, I acknowledge that you can raise kids that way (and
maybe even SHOULD raise them this way). Of course, they are just hitting
the teenage years and only time will tell.

But it has taught me to keep a bit more of an open mind about how kids
are raised. I don't look forward to the day when someone demands proof
that our way of raising our children is right.

The best of luck with those teenage years. In 18 months, I will have
three teenage daughters and my hair will have gone completely gray. I
hope their boyfriends like Cougar football.

Bill Strand