[Vision2020] Spam Filtering

David Camden-Britton davidcb@acm.org
Wed, 10 Mar 2004 22:43:39 -0800

--=======579ED1=======

Actually, since you are just looking for mails that come directly to you
and since most spammers are using the Blind Carbon Copy feature of email,
you tend to see few messages get through this little trick. I've been
running it for about six months now and it works quite well. <br><br>
As for spammers using quasi email addresses, well, after a while you
start to look at your email inbox as a place where, if you aren't known
you get deleted. It's like an exclusive nightclub I suppose.<br><br>
The sad part is, I recall when I first got email and how very few
messages I got until I sent my address to as many friends as possible.
Even then, only a few forwards came my way and I was able to participate
in email lists (similar to this one) with impunity. Now, my email
addresses are a more tightly guarded resource and I don't give them out
to just anyone, nor do I post them online as I used to.<br><br>
Oh, as an added tip for those who get spam and want to get off the
spammer's list, please do NOT click the &quot;click here to be removed
from our list&quot; links at the bottom. That virtually guarantees you
being added to dozens of other spam lists and receiving a truly
voluminous flood of mail from these jerks. <br><br>
&gt; However, many many spammers use many many quasi e-mail
addresses.&nbsp; You wouild<br>
&gt; be spending all day modifying your filter.<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; Tom Hansen<br><br>
<x-sigsep><p></x-sigsep>
David Camden-Britton -=)*(=-&nbsp; davidcb@acm.org</font> <br>
My opinions are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.</body>