[Vision2020] And the winner is.........

keely emerinemix kjajmix1@msn.com
Sun, 7 Mar 2004 21:49:03 -0800

>From your humble correspondent:

Enjoying a nice change of pace,

keely emerine mix
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: DonaldH675@aol.com=20
  To: vision2020@moscow.com=20
  Sent: Sunday, March 07, 2004 8:23 PM
  Subject: [Vision2020] And the winner is.........

  Dear Visionaries:

  At the risk of sounding like a high school reporter for the school =
paper, I had so much fun reading about everyone's favorite music - that =
I can't resist asking about films. (Sorry, but it is my sense that it is =
one way of making us individuals beyond the typed word.)  Picking a =
favorite movie is impossible for any of us that are film buffs (I am a =
total sucker for what Joan and Melynda call the "costume drama" - think =
"The Lion in Winter" or any David Lean film - but especially "Passage to =
India".  And, I never get tired of "A River Runs Through It", or "Steel =
Magnolias".=20

  Anyway, there are sequences in a movie, regardless of the overall =
merit of a particular film, that are defining moments, either for the =
message they send, the acting, or the technical achievement. (Good =
heavens, this sounds like an Oscar nomination, and I'm no BIlly =
Crystal.)  So my question is what is/are your very favorite film =
moment(s)?

  My own all time, sends chills up my spine, makes me want to leap into =
action and do the right thing no matter the odds, favorite film moment, =
occurs in Casablanca, when Vicktor Lazlo leads the Free French in =
singing La Marseillaise.  For me, a light bulb went on and it made two =
lifelong points for me:  NEVER identify with the oppressor and one =
person with courage can make a huge difference.

  Anxious to learn what you folks choose,
  Rose Huskey
  Once you lose integrity everything else is easy.
------=_NextPart_000_000D_01C4048E.01F33640

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY id=3DMailContainerBody=20
style=3D"PADDING-LEFT: 10px; FONT-WEIGHT: normal; FONT-SIZE: 10pt; =
COLOR: #000000; BORDER-TOP-STYLE: none; PADDING-TOP: 15px; FONT-STYLE: =
normal; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana; BORDER-RIGHT-STYLE: none; =
BORDER-LEFT-STYLE: none; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff; TEXT-DECORATION: =
none; BORDER-BOTTOM-STYLE: none"=20
leftMargin=3D0 topMargin=3D0 acc_role=3D"text" CanvasTabStop=3D"true"=20
name=3D"Compose message area"><?xml:namespace prefix=3D"v" =
/><?xml:namespace prefix=3D"o" />
<DIV style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Arial">From your humble=20
correspondent:</DIV>
<DIV style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Arial">&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Arial">Movies</DIV>
<DIV style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Arial">&nbsp;</DIV>
<OL>
  <LI>
  <DIV style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Arial">&nbsp;The Color =
Purple (the=20
  scene when Miss Shug first says to Cele that she's beautiful -- a film =
of=20
  repentance, reconciliation, redemption unlike any I've ever seen; a =
scene that=20
  conveys hope to someone utterly bereft)</DIV>
  <LI>
  <DIV style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Arial">Broadcast News =
(when Albert=20
  Brooks tells Holly Hunter that Satan won't ever announce who he is -- =
plus, as=20
  a journalist, what's not to like???&nbsp; Still, I don't think William =
Hurt is=20
  Satan . . . )</DIV>
  <LI>
  <DIV style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Arial">Jesus Christ =
Superstar (not=20
  where I choose to get my doctrinal teaching, but the scenes where =
Christ=20
  defends&nbsp;Mary&nbsp;of&nbsp;Magadala -- "she's with me now" -- =
really=20
  resonates with this sinner and recipient of much =
grace)</DIV></LI></OL>
<DIV style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Arial"><FONT =
face=3DArial>Belatedly,=20
songs would have to include a hymn (Holy, Holy, Holy); a bluegrass =
standard=20
(Allison Krauss', Down to the River); and a pop fave-rave from my =
misspent youth=20
(anything by Elvis Costello, Nick Lowe, Cindy Lauper,&nbsp;Chrissie =
Hynde or=20
Blondie)</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial>Whew.&nbsp; Too much culture.&nbsp; Time to go =
watch=20
something crass.&nbsp; I think "The Practice" starts in 20 minutes . . . =

</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial>Enjoying a nice change of pace,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial>keely emerine mix</FONT></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE dir=3Dltr=20
  <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial"><B>From:</B> <A=20
  href=3D"mailto:DonaldH675@aol.com">DonaldH675@aol.com</A> </DIV>
  href=3D"mailto:vision2020@moscow.com">vision2020@moscow.com</A> </DIV>
  <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial"><B>Sent:</B> Sunday, March 07, 2004 =
8:23=20
PM</DIV>
  <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial"><B>Subject:</B> [Vision2020] And the =
winner=20
  is.........</DIV>
  <DIV><BR></DIV>
  <DIV>Dear Visionaries:</DIV>
  <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
  <DIV>At the risk of sounding like a high school reporter for the =
school paper,=20
  I had so much fun reading about everyone's favorite music - that I =
can't=20
  resist asking&nbsp;about films. (Sorry, but it is my sense that it is =
one way=20
  of making us individuals beyond the typed word.)&nbsp; Picking a =
favorite=20
  movie is impossible for any of us that are film buffs (I am a total =
sucker for=20
  what Joan and Melynda call the "costume drama" - think "The&nbsp;Lion =
in=20
  Winter" or any David Lean film - but especially "Passage to =
India".&nbsp; And,=20
  I never get tired of "A River Runs Through It", or "Steel=20
  Magnolias".&nbsp;</DIV>
  <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
  <DIV>Anyway, there are sequences in a movie, regardless of the overall =
merit=20
  of a particular film, that are defining moments, either for the =
message they=20
  send, the acting, or&nbsp;the technical achievement.&nbsp;(Good =
heavens, this=20
  sounds like an Oscar nomination, and I'm no BIlly Crystal.) &nbsp;So =
my=20
  question is what is/are your very favorite film moment(s)?</DIV>
  <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
  <DIV>My own&nbsp;all time, sends chills up my spine, makes me want to =
leap=20
  into action and do the right thing no matter the odds, favorite film =
moment,=20
  occurs in Casablanca, when Vicktor Lazlo leads the Free French in =
singing=20
  <EM>La Marseillaise</EM>.&nbsp;&nbsp;For me, a light bulb went on and =
it=20
  made&nbsp;two lifelong points for me:&nbsp; NEVER identify with the =
oppressor=20
  and one person with courage can make a huge difference.</DIV>
  <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
  <DIV>Anxious to learn what you folks choose,</DIV>
  <DIV>Rose Huskey</DIV>
  <DIV><FONT lang=3D0 PTSIZE=3D"12" FAMILY=3D"SERIF">Once you lose =
integrity=20
  everything else is easy.</FONT></DIV></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_000D_01C4048E.01F33640--