[Vision2020] Answers about law breaking

keely emerinemix kjajmix1@msn.com
Fri, 5 Mar 2004 17:18:23 -0800

------=_NextPart_000_008F_01C402D5.DD990860

Rose Huskey hardly needs me to defend her, but I will. This intelligent, =
passionate and honorable woman has consistently asked for integrity and =
accountability from those religious leaders who seem intent on avoiding =
same, and if that's "throwing a tizzy," then 'tis a good thing, indeed.  =
Rose and I don't always agree, but she has my respect and the respect of =
many others.

Yeah, I can see why those "puffed up with knowledge" might fear her =
needling, but perhaps the remedy might be the donning of sackcloth and =
ashes, the abrasiveness of which has been known to effectively puncture =
all pretense.  Trust me.  I know.

keely emerine mix=20
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Kyle DeSpinauer=20
  To: DonaldH675@aol.com ; vision2020@moscow.com=20
  Sent: Friday, March 05, 2004 2:13 PM
  Subject: RE: [Vision2020] Answers about law breaking

  sorry about your son, rose.  but in future discussion on this list, =
maybe=20
  you could withhold judgment in a manner that you would probably prefer =

  people do for you.  you rose, are the childlike presence that throws a =
new=20
  tizzy a week, and those of us who belong to no particular extreme get =
tired=20
  of hearing it again, and again, and again, and again.  one note, only =
one=20
  note, do you continually sing.  how does it feel rose when somebody =
else=20
  gets personal with you and starts accusing, accusing, accusing.  oh, =
it's=20
  just finding out information, that's right, enquiring by a concerned=20
  citizen.  poke, poke that finger in the eye.  i now understand why =
they call=20
  it needling.

  if you and the rest would let up for just a season, then i suppose i =
could=20
  go away.  if you want the nonjudgmental space in which to do what is=20
  reasonable, appropriate, and humane for a particular situation, maybe =
you=20
  ought to consider extending the franchise, even to those you loathe.  =
that=20
  is my point, and your response aptly illustrates its merit.

  >From: DonaldH675@aol.com
  >To: vision2020@moscow.com, regionalenquirer@hotmail.com
  >Subject: [Vision2020] Answers about law breaking
  >Date: Fri, 5 Mar 2004 13:58:29 EST
  >
  >Visionaries and Regional Enquirer,
  >
  >It is a tired old rhetorical device to attempt to switch the topic by =

  >drawing
  >attention to an unrelated issue.  Children frequently indulge in this =

  >tactic,
  >for example, "Well, maybe I did get into the cookie jar without =
permission,
  >but she swore and that's worse."  Of course, the language used by =
Regional
  >Enquirer doesn't really sound child like, does it?  When I read a =
phrase=20
  >like a
  >"presumptive hypothetical" it sounds like attorney talk to me.  Could =
that=20
  >be
  >the case?
  >
  >Although I don't feel a moral obligation to justify my right to ask=20
  >questions
  >related to the gambling cover up operation at Christ Church, I also =
don't
  >feel embarrassed about my son Ben and his use of marijuana.  As his=20
  >Systemic
  >Lupus progressed he was both in acute pain and profoundly depressed.  =
Like=20
  >many
  >folks with terminal disease, his appetite decreased and he was =
dramatically
  >emaciated.  Although he didn't use marijuana in our home (he =
literally=20
  >honored the
  >lifelong family rule against the use of drugs in our home) I was =
indeed=20
  >aware
  >that he smoked marijuana.  I could tell because when he smoked a =
joint he=20
  >was
  >both hungry and happy - a combination of feelings that he rarely=20
  >experienced
  >otherwise.  Did law enforcement know that he was using marijuana, =
yes, they
  >certainly did.  When he experimented with what I considered to be a =
"hard=20
  >drug"
  >did I learn about it and turn him in?  Yes, I did.  Does this make me =
a=20
  >stool
  >pigeon or an uncaring parent?  I don't know, I did what I thought I =
had to=20
  >do
  >as a responsible parent and responsible citizen.
  >
  >I would only add, Regional Enquirer, when Ben was removed from life=20
  >support,
  >he was in fact, marijuana free.
  >
  >Rose Huskey
  >Once you lose integrity everything else is easy.

  Get business advice and resources to improve your work life, from =
bCentral.=20
  http://special.msn.com/bcentral/loudclear.armx

   List services made available by First Step Internet,=20
   serving the communities of the Palouse since 1994.  =20
                 http://www.fsr.net                      =20
            mailto:Vision2020@moscow.com
  =
=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=
=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=
=AF=AF=AF

------=_NextPart_000_008F_01C402D5.DD990860

<HTML xmlns:v xmlns:o><HEAD>
<META http-equiv=3DContent-Type =
content=3Dtext/html;charset=3Diso-8859-1>
<STYLE></STYLE>

<META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.2800.1226" name=3DGENERATOR></HEAD>
<BODY id=3DMailContainerBody=20
style=3D"PADDING-LEFT: 10px; FONT-WEIGHT: normal; FONT-SIZE: 10pt; =
COLOR: #000000; BORDER-TOP-STYLE: none; PADDING-TOP: 15px; FONT-STYLE: =
normal; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana; BORDER-RIGHT-STYLE: none; =
BORDER-LEFT-STYLE: none; TEXT-DECORATION: none; BORDER-BOTTOM-STYLE: =
none"=20
leftMargin=3D0 topMargin=3D0 acc_role=3D"text" CanvasTabStop=3D"true"=20
name=3D"Compose message area"><?xml:namespace prefix=3D"v" =
/><?xml:namespace prefix=3D"o" />
<DIV>
<DIV>Rose Huskey hardly needs me to defend her, but I will.=20
This&nbsp;intelligent, passionate and honorable woman has consistently =
asked=20
for&nbsp;integrity and accountability from those religious leaders who =
seem=20
intent on avoiding same, and if that's "throwing a tizzy," then 'tis a =
good=20
thing, indeed.&nbsp; Rose and I don't always agree, but she has my =
respect and=20
the respect of many others.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Yeah, I can see why those "puffed up with knowledge" might fear her =

needling, but perhaps the remedy might be the donning of sackcloth and =
ashes,=20
the abrasiveness of which has been known to effectively puncture all=20
pretense.&nbsp; Trust me.&nbsp; I know.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>keely emerine mix&nbsp;</DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE=20
  <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial"><B>From:</B> <A=20
  href=3D"mailto:regionalenquirer@hotmail.com">Kyle DeSpinauer</A> =
</DIV>
  href=3D"mailto:DonaldH675@aol.com">DonaldH675@aol.com</A> ; <A=20
  href=3D"mailto:vision2020@moscow.com">vision2020@moscow.com</A> </DIV>
  <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial"><B>Sent:</B> Friday, March 05, 2004 =
2:13=20
PM</DIV>
  <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial"><B>Subject:</B> RE: [Vision2020] =
Answers about=20
  law breaking</DIV>
  <DIV><BR></DIV>sorry about your son, rose.&nbsp; but in future =
discussion on=20
  this list, maybe <BR>you could withhold judgment in a manner that you =
would=20
  probably prefer <BR>people do for you.&nbsp; you rose, are the =
childlike=20
  presence that throws a new <BR>tizzy a week, and those of us who =
belong to no=20
  particular extreme get tired <BR>of hearing it again, and again, and =
again,=20
  and again.&nbsp; one note, only one <BR>note, do you continually =
sing.&nbsp;=20
  how does it feel rose when somebody else <BR>gets personal with you =
and starts=20
  accusing, accusing, accusing.&nbsp; oh, it's <BR>just finding out =
information,=20
  that's right, enquiring by a concerned <BR>citizen.&nbsp; poke, poke =
that=20
  finger in the eye.&nbsp; i now understand why they call <BR>it=20
  needling.<BR><BR>if you and the rest would let up for just a season, =
then i=20
  suppose i could <BR>go away.&nbsp; if you want the nonjudgmental space =
in=20
  which to do what is <BR>reasonable, appropriate, and humane for a =
particular=20
  situation, maybe you <BR>ought to consider extending the franchise, =
even to=20
  those you loathe.&nbsp; that <BR>is my point, and your response aptly=20
  illustrates its merit.<BR><BR><BR>&gt;From: <A=20
  href=3D"mailto:DonaldH675@aol.com">DonaldH675@aol.com</A><BR>&gt;To: =
<A=20
  href=3D"mailto:vision2020@moscow.com">vision2020@moscow.com</A>, <A=20
  =
href=3D"mailto:regionalenquirer@hotmail.com">regionalenquirer@hotmail.com=
</A><BR>&gt;Subject:=20
  [Vision2020] Answers about law breaking<BR>&gt;Date: Fri, 5 Mar 2004 =
13:58:29=20
  EST<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt;Visionaries and Regional =
Enquirer,<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt;It is a=20
  tired old rhetorical device to attempt to switch the topic by=20
  <BR>&gt;drawing<BR>&gt;attention to an unrelated issue.&nbsp; Children =

  frequently indulge in this <BR>&gt;tactic,<BR>&gt;for example, "Well, =
maybe I=20
  did get into the cookie jar without permission,<BR>&gt;but she swore =
and=20
  that's worse."&nbsp; Of course, the language used by =
Regional<BR>&gt;Enquirer=20
  doesn't really sound child like, does it?&nbsp; When I read a phrase=20
  <BR>&gt;like a<BR>&gt;"presumptive hypothetical" it sounds like =
attorney talk=20
  to me.&nbsp; Could that <BR>&gt;be<BR>&gt;the =
case?<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt;Although I=20
  don't feel a moral obligation to justify my right to ask=20
  <BR>&gt;questions<BR>&gt;related to the gambling cover up operation at =
Christ=20
  Church, I also don't<BR>&gt;feel embarrassed about my son Ben and his =
use of=20
  marijuana.&nbsp; As his <BR>&gt;Systemic<BR>&gt;Lupus progressed he =
was both=20
  in acute pain and profoundly depressed.&nbsp; Like =
<BR>&gt;many<BR>&gt;folks=20
  with terminal disease, his appetite decreased and he was=20
  dramatically<BR>&gt;emaciated.&nbsp; Although he didn't use marijuana =
in our=20
  home (he literally <BR>&gt;honored the<BR>&gt;lifelong family rule =
against the=20
  use of drugs in our home) I was indeed <BR>&gt;aware<BR>&gt;that he =
smoked=20
  marijuana.&nbsp; I could tell because when he smoked a joint he=20
  <BR>&gt;was<BR>&gt;both hungry and happy - a combination of feelings =
that he=20
  rarely <BR>&gt;experienced<BR>&gt;otherwise.&nbsp; Did law enforcement =
know=20
  that he was using marijuana, yes, they<BR>&gt;certainly did.&nbsp; =
When he=20
  experimented with what I considered to be a "hard =
<BR>&gt;drug"<BR>&gt;did I=20
  learn about it and turn him in?&nbsp; Yes, I did.&nbsp; Does this make =
me a=20
  <BR>&gt;stool<BR>&gt;pigeon or an uncaring parent?&nbsp; I don't know, =
I did=20
  what I thought I had to <BR>&gt;do<BR>&gt;as a responsible parent and=20
  responsible citizen.<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt;I would only add, Regional =
Enquirer, when=20
  Ben was removed from life <BR>&gt;support,<BR>&gt;he was in fact, =
marijuana=20
  free.<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt;Rose Huskey<BR>&gt;Once you lose integrity =
everything=20
  else is=20
  =
easy.<BR><BR>____________________________________________________________=
_____<BR>Get=20
  business advice and resources to improve your work life, from =
bCentral. <BR><A=20
  =
href=3D"http://special.msn.com/bcentral/loudclear.armx">http://special.ms=
n.com/bcentral/loudclear.armx</A><BR><BR>________________________________=
_____________________<BR>&nbsp;List=20
  services made available by First Step Internet, <BR>&nbsp;serving the=20
  communities of the Palouse since 1994.&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
  =
<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nb=
sp;&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
  <A=20
  =
href=3D"http://www.fsr.net">http://www.fsr.net</A>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp=
;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;=
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
  <BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <A=20
  =
href=3D"mailto:Vision2020@moscow.com">mailto:Vision2020@moscow.com</A><BR=
>=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=
=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=
=AF=AF=AF=AF<BR></BLOCKQUOTE></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_008F_01C402D5.DD990860--