[Vision2020] Answers about law breaking

amy smoucha asmoucha@hotmail.com
Fri, 05 Mar 2004 19:07:27 -0600

"Kyle," you're full of beans, and it stinks.

Some of us suspect that Kyle DeSpinauer is not your real name.  If that's
true, you have no credibility to criticize Rose or anyone else.  If we are
wrong, please explain.  If you are using a fake name, I think you do belong
to a "particular extreme."

Amy Smoucha

----Original Message Follows----
From: "Kyle DeSpinauer" <regionalenquirer@hotmail.com>
To: DonaldH675@aol.com, vision2020@moscow.com
Subject: RE: [Vision2020] Answers about law breaking
Date: Fri, 05 Mar 2004 22:13:12 +0000

sorry about your son, rose.  but in future discussion on this list, maybe
you could withhold judgment in a manner that you would probably prefer
people do for you.  you rose, are the childlike presence that throws a new
tizzy a week, and those of us who belong to no particular extreme get tired
of hearing it again, and again, and again, and again.  one note, only one
note, do you continually sing.  how does it feel rose when somebody else
gets personal with you and starts accusing, accusing, accusing.  oh, it's
just finding out information, that's right, enquiring by a concerned
citizen.  poke, poke that finger in the eye.  i now understand why they call
it needling.

if you and the rest would let up for just a season, then i suppose i could
go away.  if you want the nonjudgmental space in which to do what is
reasonable, appropriate, and humane for a particular situation, maybe you
ought to consider extending the franchise, even to those you loathe.  that
is my point, and your response aptly illustrates its merit.

>From: DonaldH675@aol.com
>To: vision2020@moscow.com, regionalenquirer@hotmail.com
>Subject: [Vision2020] Answers about law breaking
>Date: Fri, 5 Mar 2004 13:58:29 EST
>
>Visionaries and Regional Enquirer,
>
>It is a tired old rhetorical device to attempt to switch the topic by
>drawing
>attention to an unrelated issue.  Children frequently indulge in this
>tactic,
>for example, "Well, maybe I did get into the cookie jar without permission,
>but she swore and that's worse."  Of course, the language used by Regional
>Enquirer doesn't really sound child like, does it?  When I read a phrase
>like a
>"presumptive hypothetical" it sounds like attorney talk to me.  Could that
>be
>the case?
>
>Although I don't feel a moral obligation to justify my right to ask
>questions
>related to the gambling cover up operation at Christ Church, I also don't
>feel embarrassed about my son Ben and his use of marijuana.  As his
>Systemic
>Lupus progressed he was both in acute pain and profoundly depressed.  Like
>many
>folks with terminal disease, his appetite decreased and he was dramatically
>emaciated.  Although he didn't use marijuana in our home (he literally
>honored the
>lifelong family rule against the use of drugs in our home) I was indeed
>aware
>that he smoked marijuana.  I could tell because when he smoked a joint he
>was
>both hungry and happy - a combination of feelings that he rarely
>experienced
>otherwise.  Did law enforcement know that he was using marijuana, yes, they
>certainly did.  When he experimented with what I considered to be a "hard
>drug"
>did I learn about it and turn him in?  Yes, I did.  Does this make me a
>stool
>pigeon or an uncaring parent?  I don't know, I did what I thought I had to
>do
>as a responsible parent and responsible citizen.
>
>I would only add, Regional Enquirer, when Ben was removed from life
>support,
>he was in fact, marijuana free.
>
>Rose Huskey
>Once you lose integrity everything else is easy.

Get business advice and resources to improve your work life, from bCentral.
http://special.msn.com/bcentral/loudclear.armx

List services made available by First Step Internet, serving the communities
of the Palouse since 1994.                 http://www.fsr.net
                 mailto:Vision2020@moscow.com

Frustrated with dial-up? Lightning-fast Internet access for as low as
$29.95/month. http://click.atdmt.com/AVE/go/onm00200360ave/direct/01/