[Vision2020] Answers about law breaking

DonaldH675@aol.com DonaldH675@aol.com
Fri, 5 Mar 2004 13:58:29 EST

-------------------------------1078513109

Visionaries and Regional Enquirer,

It is a tired old rhetorical device to attempt to switch the topic by drawing
attention to an unrelated issue.  Children frequently indulge in this tactic,
for example, "Well, maybe I did get into the cookie jar without permission,
but she swore and that's worse."  Of course, the language used by Regional
Enquirer doesn't really sound child like, does it?  When I read a phrase like a
"presumptive hypothetical" it sounds like attorney talk to me.  Could that be
the case?

Although I don't feel a moral obligation to justify my right to ask questions
related to the gambling cover up operation at Christ Church, I also don't
feel embarrassed about my son Ben and his use of marijuana.  As his Systemic
Lupus progressed he was both in acute pain and profoundly depressed.  Like many
folks with terminal disease, his appetite decreased and he was dramatically
emaciated.  Although he didn't use marijuana in our home (he literally honored the
lifelong family rule against the use of drugs in our home) I was indeed aware
that he smoked marijuana.  I could tell because when he smoked a joint he was
both hungry and happy - a combination of feelings that he rarely experienced
otherwise.  Did law enforcement know that he was using marijuana, yes, they
certainly did.  When he experimented with what I considered to be a "hard drug"
did I learn about it and turn him in?  Yes, I did.  Does this make me a stool
pigeon or an uncaring parent?  I don't know, I did what I thought I had to do
as a responsible parent and responsible citizen.

I would only add, Regional Enquirer, when Ben was removed from life support,
he was in fact, marijuana free.

Rose Huskey
Once you lose integrity everything else is easy.

-------------------------------1078513109

<HTML><HEAD>
rset=3DUS-ASCII">
<META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.2734.1600" name=3DGENERATOR></HEAD>
f">
<DIV>Visionaries and Regional Enquirer,</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>It is a tired old rhetorical device to attempt to switch the topic by d=
rawing attention to an unrelated issue.&nbsp; Children frequently indulge in=
 this tactic, for example, "Well, maybe I did get into the cookie jar withou=
t permission, but she swore and that's worse."&nbsp; Of course, the language=
 used by Regional Enquirer doesn't really sound child like, does it? &nbsp;W=
hen I read a phrase like a "presumptive hypothetical" it sounds like attorne=
y talk to me.&nbsp; Could that be the case?</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Although I don't feel a moral obligation to justify my right&nbsp;to as=
k questions related to the gambling cover up operation at Christ Church, I a=
lso don't feel embarrassed about my son Ben and his use of marijuana.&nbsp;=20=
As his Systemic Lupus progressed he was both in acute pain and profoundly de=
pressed.&nbsp; Like many folks with terminal disease,&nbsp;his appetite decr=
eased and he was dramatically emaciated.&nbsp; Although he didn't use mariju=
ana in our home (he literally honored the lifelong family rule&nbsp;against&=
nbsp;the use of drugs in our home) I was indeed aware&nbsp;that he&nbsp;smok=
ed marijuana.&nbsp; I could tell because when he smoked a joint he was both=20=
hungry and happy - a combination of feelings that he rarely experienced othe=
rwise.&nbsp; Did law enforcement know that he was using marijuana, yes, they=
 certainly did.&nbsp; When he experimented with what I considered to be&nbsp=
;a "hard drug" did I learn about it and turn him in?&nbsp; Yes, I did.&nbsp;=
 Does this make me a stool pigeon or an uncaring parent?&nbsp; I don't know,=
 I did what I thought I had to do as a responsible parent and responsible ci=
tizen. </DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>I would only add, Regional Enquirer, when&nbsp;Ben was removed from lif=
e support, he was in fact,&nbsp;marijuana free.&nbsp;&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Rose Huskey</DIV>
<DIV><FONT lang=3D0 face=3D"Times New Roman" size=3D3 PTSIZE=3D"12" FAMILY=
=3D"SERIF">Once you lose integrity everything else is easy.</FONT></DIV></BO=