[Vision2020] questions about lawbreaking

Kyle DeSpinauer regionalenquirer@hotmail.com
Fri, 05 Mar 2004 16:33:21 +0000

mr. hansen -

you lawbreaker, you.  i'm glad you have found a way to justify it.  was that
smoking while you were in the military too?

so, you say you don't endorse felonious behavior, but i guess you have no
problem with misdemeanors?  (at least when committed by multi-celled
organisms)

it really is that simple, mr. hansen.

still hoping that the toke is half unsmoked,

regional enquirer

>From: "Tom Hansen" <thansen@moscow.com>
>To: "Kyle DeSpinauer" <regionalenquirer@hotmail.com>,
><vision2020@moscow.com>
>Subject: RE: [Vision2020] questions about lawbreaking
>Date: Fri, 5 Mar 2004 06:43:22 -0800
>
>Mr. DeSpinauer -
>
>Your analogy of smoking marijuana and operating an illegal gambling
>establishment does not hold water.
>
>I will openly admit that I have smoked marijuana.  Many of my friends (past
>and present) have smoked marijuana.  However, none of us endorse felonious
>behavior (i.e. acknowledging a relationship with, and financially
>supporting
>of, an illegal gambling establishment).
>
>I knew, back when I smoked marijuana, that I was committing a crime.  I
>knew
>that if I were caught, I would have to "pay the piper".
>
>Judging by your argument, you are claiming that since Rose may have known
>of
>somebody that smoked marijuana and did not report it to the police, that it
>is acceptable for a pastor to cover up a felony (or two or three or . . .).
>
>This brings up a question that was asked in an ethics class I took in
>college.  How major of a crime would your best friend have to commit before
>you report him/her to the police?  I know where my line is drawn.  Doug
>Wilson's is buried somewhere in the collection plate.
>
>Take care,
>
>Tom Hansen
>Not On The Palouse, Not Ever

>"When people sin, everybody has to pay."
>
>- Pastor Douglas Wilson, Christ Church (June 7, 2002)

>  List services made available by First Step Internet,
>           mailto:Vision2020@moscow.com

Create a Job Alert on MSN Careers and enter for a chance to win $1000!
http://msn.careerbuilder.com/promo/kaday.htm?siteid=CBMSN_1K&sc_extcmp=JS_JASweep_MSNHotm2