[Vision2020] Tax Issues and Faith Ministries Inc.

DonaldH675@aol.com DonaldH675@aol.com
Tue, 2 Mar 2004 21:57:32 EST

-------------------------------1078282652

Visionaries:

At one time there was a discussion on 2020 about the impact on downtown for
profit business as a result of New Saint Andrews, Greyfriars Hall, Canon Press
etc.  Can anyone remember when those discussions took place?   I want to check
the archives and get Doug's specific answer.  What (if any) figures
demonstrated the financial impact?  I ask because I believe all Christ Church
enterprises, including Logos School are folded in the 501(c)(3) status of an
organization known Faith Ministries Inc. Perhaps one of the Doug's could clarify this
for me.

If memory serves me, I believe that Doug has declared a distinct separation
between Logos and his other areas of interest.  If that is the case, perhaps
someone could explain the 1992 amendment to the original incorporation papers.
The 1992 amendment reads in part that Faith Industries Inc. includes
"religious, charitable, scientific, literary, or educational" activities.  This
certainly suggests that Canon Press is included in the 501(c)(3), or tax exempt
status.  When an organization has 501(c)(3) status, are the salaries of the
employees taxable?  Are church owned properties taxable? Are they allowed to operate
at a profit?

Further, although Doug declares he is not directly involved with Logos
School, the Annual Report for Faith Ministries, Inc. to the Secretary of State in
Idaho in 1980, 1981, 1982, 1987, 1992, 1993, 1994, 1995, 1997, 1999, 1993
[several years are missing] list him as an officer or director and signatory to the
Annual Report.  Tom Garfield, Superintendent of Logos School is consistently
listed as the "Agent" reporting and the Logos School address is listed as the
return address for the Annual Report.  The link for these reports is:
http://www.accessidaho.org/public/sos/corp/search.html?ScriptForm.startstep=vi
ewentity&ScriptForm.startScriptForm.start.ScriptStepView.viewentityFILEvalue=C
63753

Thanks for your help in answering these questions.

Rose Huskey

Once you lose integrity everything else is easy.

-------------------------------1078282652

<HTML><HEAD>
rset=3DUS-ASCII">
<META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.2734.1600" name=3DGENERATOR></HEAD>
f">
<DIV>Visionaries:</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>At one time there was a discussion on 2020 about the impact on downtown=
 for profit business as a result of New Saint Andrews, Greyfriars Hall, Cano=
n Press etc.&nbsp; Can anyone remember when those discussions took place?&nb=
sp;&nbsp; I want to check the archives and get Doug's specific answer.&nbsp;=
&nbsp;What (if any)&nbsp;figures demonstrated the financial impact?&nbsp; I=20=
ask because I believe all Christ Church enterprises, including Logos School=20=
are folded in the 501(c)(3) status of an organization known&nbsp;Faith Minis=
tries Inc.&nbsp;Perhaps one of the Doug's could clarify this for me.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>If memory serves me, I believe that Doug has declared a distinct separa=
tion between Logos and his other areas of interest.&nbsp; If that is the cas=
e, perhaps someone could explain the 1992 amendment to the original incorpor=
ation papers.&nbsp;&nbsp;The 1992 amendment reads in part&nbsp;that Faith In=
dustries Inc. includes "religious, charitable, scientific, literary, or educ=
ational" activities.&nbsp; This certainly suggests that Canon Press is&nbsp;=
included in the 501(c)(3), or tax exempt status.&nbsp;&nbsp;When an organiza=
tion has 501(c)(3) status, are the salaries of the employees taxable?&nbsp;&=
nbsp;Are church owned&nbsp;properties taxable? Are they allowed to operate a=
t a profit?</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Further, although Doug declares he is not directly involved with Logos=20=
School, the Annual Report for Faith Ministries, Inc.&nbsp;to the Secretary o=
f State in Idaho in 1980, 1981, 1982, 1987, 1992, 1993, 1994, 1995, 1997, 19=
99, 1993 [several years are missing]&nbsp;list him as an officer or&nbsp;dir=
ector and signatory to the Annual Report.&nbsp; Tom Garfield, Superintendent=
 of Logos School&nbsp;is consistently listed as the "Agent" reporting and th=
e Logos School address is listed as the return address for the Annual Report=
.&nbsp; The link for these reports is:</DIV>
<DIV><A href=3D"http://www.accessidaho.org/public/sos/corp/search.html?Scrip=
tForm.startstep=3Dviewentity&amp;ScriptForm.startScriptForm.start.ScriptStep=
View.viewentityFILEvalue=3DC63753">http://www.accessidaho.org/public/sos/cor=
p/search.html?ScriptForm.startstep=3Dviewentity&amp;ScriptForm.startScriptFo=
rm.start.ScriptStepView.viewentityFILEvalue=3DC63753</A></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Thanks for your help in answering these questions.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Rose Huskey</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT lang=3D0 face=3D"Times New Roman" size=3D3 PTSIZE=3D"12" FAMILY=
=3D"SERIF">Once you lose integrity everything else is easy.</FONT></DIV></BO=