[Spam] [Vision2020] Breaking News: Bush sending us to war (again) in Haiti

DonovArn@aol.com DonovArn@aol.com
Mon, 1 Mar 2004 23:31:22 EST

-------------------------------1078201882

In a message dated 3/1/2004 7:37:15 PM Pacific Standard Time,
matt@moscowland.com writes:
I would expect you to attempt to legislate morality, dictate the thoughts of
others, surrender your will to those who say what you want to hear, only
express the popular view(even when its out of style) and to above all, not learn
from the past.
Actually, you don't have to guess what legislation I passed at UI. I was a
Student Senator and all records of the bills I wrote and how I voted are on
record. I am sure you will find me very much a populist liberal that was over
protective of the poor and disadvantaged.

Actually I must admit that I very much enjoyed your response. I have not been
this excited since Bush invaded Haiti,
I am sorry to hear that.
oh wait that was really just a humanitarian mission to help the innocents, or
havent you seen the pics from the island. Would you have complained if we had
done nothing?
Nope, I would not have complained. Let the French do it. They are much better
at helping people than Bush.
My question is, when we send help why is it always in the form of bombs, guns
and grenades? Every hear of medicine, food, and water? How about an interest
free loan?

You indicated that all who die in wars die for nothing. This truely offends
me. Maybe you should ask the families of the men who died on Normandy, Gaudel
canal, Bastone, manchuria, The Phillipines, North Africa, Inchone, Iwo Jima,
Bunker Hill, Gettiesburg, Kuwaite, Boonesboro, Midway, The Magino line,
Waitsburg, Pearl Harbor, The Alamo and all the other countless battles where men gave
their lives for the good of other men. Instead of asking thier families, maybe
you should ask the families of those they saved, the MILLIONS that live under
thier own will because of the sacrifces of those brave men.
Yes, If I did say that I would apologize for those insensitive words. But I
did not say that. I said that most men that die in war die for nothing but the
exchange of land and/or money from one government to another. ( exact words:
"Most people that die in war, die for absolutely no reason other than people in
power getting more land or money.")
I never said that the men were not brave or honorable or that all men and
died for nothing. But face it. 100s of millions of men and women have died
because of war. How many of those wars and deaths of over 100,000 years of human
wars were for something that had a good outcome? Not many, maybe a handful. The
Revolutionary, Civil War and W.W.II were the only moral wars that the US was in
that I can recall.
Was the War against the Indians a valiant effort? I think not. Was stealing
land from Mexicans an honorable cause? I don't think so. The Alamo, was it
really worth dying to steal Texas from Mexico?
Those are just American Wars. The vast majority of wars took place long
before the US even existed. How about the 100 years war? Was that war worth
fighting? Or Granada, or Nicaragua, or Somalia, or the Russian Revolution? Or the War
of the Roses? The French American War? The war of 1812? I am sure good men
all gave their lives for them.
The real question is, if you think so well of all these men, why do you want
to send them all off to die? If American Men wanted to die for Haiti, Somalia,
or Iraq, let them sign up for the military in those countries. We need are
men to defend our country, not to win a dick size contest between two national
leaders. The only overseas location our troops should be is Afghanistan,
looking for Osama Bin Forgotten.

Sincerely,
Donovan J Arnold

I am sure you have seen the bumper sticker "If you can read this thank a
teacher." its missing the second part.
"If you can read this in english, thank a Vet."

I agree that an avoidable war is an atrocity, but please do not dishoner the
memories of those who gave the ultimate sacrifice and won and preserved YOUR
freedom.

-------------------------------1078201882

<HTML><HEAD>
rset=3DUS-ASCII">
<META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.2800.1264" name=3DGENERATOR></HEAD>
f">
<DIV>In a message dated 3/1/2004 7:37:15 PM Pacific Standard Time, matt@mosc=
owland.com writes:</DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE style=3D"PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: blue=20=
2px solid"><FONT face=3DArial>I would expect you to attempt to legislate mor=
ality, dictate the thoughts of others, surrender your will to those who say=20=
what you want to hear, only express the popular view(even when its out of st=
yle) and to above all, not learn from the past.</FONT></BLOCKQUOTE>
<DIV>Actually, you don't have to guess what legislation I passed at UI. I wa=
s a Student Senator and all records of the bills I wrote and how I voted are=
 on record. I am sure you will find me very much a populist liberal that was=
 over protective of the poor and disadvantaged. </DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE style=3D"PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: blue=20=
2px solid"><FONT face=3DArial><BR><BR>Actually I must admit that I very much=
 enjoyed your response. I have not been this excited since Bush invaded Hait=
i, </FONT></BLOCKQUOTE>
<DIV>I am sorry to hear that.</DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE style=3D"PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: blue=20=
2px solid"><FONT face=3DArial>oh wait that was really just a humanitarian mi=
ssion to help the innocents, or havent you seen the pics from the island. Wo=
uld you have complained if we had done nothing?</FONT></BLOCKQUOTE>
<DIV>Nope, I would not have complained. Let the French do it. They are much=20=
better at helping people than Bush.</DIV>
<DIV>My question is, when we send help why is it always in the form of bombs=
, guns and grenades? Every hear of medicine, food, and water? How about an i=
nterest free loan? </DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE style=3D"PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: blue=20=
2px solid"><FONT face=3DArial><BR>You indicated that all who die in wars die=
 for nothing. This truely offends me. Maybe you should ask the families of t=
he men who died on Normandy, Gaudel canal, Bastone, manchuria, The Phillipin=
es, North Africa, Inchone, Iwo Jima, Bunker Hill, Gettiesburg, Kuwaite, Boon=
esboro, Midway, The Magino line, Waitsburg, Pearl Harbor, The Alamo and all=20=
the other countless battles where men gave their lives for the good of other=
 men. Instead of asking thier families, maybe you should ask the families of=
 those they saved, the MILLIONS that live under thier own will because of th=
e sacrifces of those brave men.</FONT></BLOCKQUOTE>
<DIV>Yes, If I did say that I would apologize for those insensitive words. B=
ut I did not say that. I said that most men that die in war die for nothing=20=
but the exchange of land and/or money from one government to another. ( exac=
t words: "Most people that die in war, die for absolutely no&nbsp;reason oth=
er than people in power getting more land or money.")</DIV>
<DIV>I never said that the men were not brave or honorable or that all men a=
nd&nbsp;died for nothing. But face it. 100s of millions of men and women hav=
e died because of war. How many of those wars and deaths of over 100,000 yea=
rs of human wars were for something that had a good outcome? Not many, maybe=
 a handful. The Revolutionary, Civil War and W.W.II were the only moral wars=
 that&nbsp;the US&nbsp;was in that I can recall. </DIV>
<DIV>Was the War against the Indians a valiant effort? I think not. Was stea=
ling land from Mexicans an honorable cause? I don't think so. The Alamo, was=
 it really worth dying to steal Texas from Mexico? </DIV>
<DIV>Those are just American Wars. The vast majority of wars took place long=
 before the US even existed. How about the 100 years war? Was that war worth=
 fighting? Or Granada, or Nicaragua, or Somalia, or the Russian Revolution?=20=
Or the War of the Roses? The French American War? The war of 1812? I am sure=
 good men all gave their lives for them.</DIV>
<DIV><STRONG><U>The real question is, if you think so well of all these men,=
 why do you want to send them all off to die?</U></STRONG> If American Men w=
anted to die for Haiti, Somalia, or Iraq, let them sign up for the military=20=
in those countries. We need are men to defend our country, not to win a dick=
 size contest between two national leaders. The only overseas location our t=
roops should be is Afghanistan, looking for Osama Bin Forgotten. </DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Sincerely,</DIV>
<DIV>Donovan J Arnold</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE style=3D"PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: blue=20=
2px solid"><FONT face=3DArial><BR><BR>I am sure you have seen the bumper sti=
cker "If you can read this thank a teacher." its missing the second part.<BR=
>"If you can read this in english, thank a Vet."<BR><BR>I agree that an avoi=
dable war is an atrocity, but please do not dishoner the memories of those w=
ho gave the ultimate sacrifice and won and preserved YOUR freedom. </FONT></=
BLOCKQUOTE>
<DIV></DIV></BODY></HTML>