[Spam] [Vision2020] Breaking News: Bush sending us to war (again) in Haiti

matt@moscowland.com matt@moscowland.com
Mon, 01 Mar 2004 19:35:36 -0800

now ther yuo goe agane putin wordses in mi moufh. I nevr sade Sodom had WDM in them boots. Only thet I seed 'em.

Just so you know, The U.N. works that way, when we say it works that way. And yes Carter had that power. As do all who hold the office of President.
I am glad you look to the future, we need people who do. But let us not forget the past, lest we repeat it.  As for peace keepers/peacekeepers, I am surprised you forgot to mention the missle.

As for individual choice, yes of course we all, you, me, my son are all free to make that choice and by indicating that I would send him, I am expressing my conviction not to prevent him from serving his country. Not to live in the past or anything, but remeber that Rome fell when Romans no longer populated the Officer corp or the ranks.

You say that you can not possibly know what is goining on inside the Presidents. I thank you for your honesty. You proved my point well. Based on your admission you should not call him a lier.

By your kind I mean so very much. I think I could sum it up by saying so very little.
I would expect you to attempt to legislate morality, dictate the thoughts of others, surrender your will to those who say what you want to hear, only express the popular view(even when its out of style) and to above all, not learn from the past.

Actually I must admit that I very much enjoyed your response. I have not been this excited since Bush invaded Hati, oh wait that was really just a humanitarian mission to help the innocents, or havent you seen the pics from the island. Would you have complained if we had done nothing?

I have said and will say again I respect your right to be wrong. I need to say something seriously though.

You indicated that all who die in wars die for nothing. This truely offends me. Maybe you should ask the families of the men who died on Normandy, Gaudel canal, Bastone, manchuria, The Phillipines, North Africa, Inchone, Iwo Jima, Bunker Hill, Gettiesburg, Kuwaite, Boonesboro, Midway, The Magino line, Waitsburg, Pearl Harbor, The Alamo and all the other countless battles where men gave their lives for the good of other men. Instead of asking thier families, maybe you should ask the families of those they saved, the MILLIONS that live under thier own will because of the sacrifces of those brave men.

I am sure you have seen the bumper sticker "If you can read this thank a teacher." its missing the second part.
"If you can read this in english, thank a Vet."

I agree that an avoidable war is an atrocity, but please do not dishoner the memories of those who gave the ultimate sacrifice and won and preserved YOUR freedom.