[Vision2020] Bulldozers at the Palouse Mall

Melynda Huskey mghuskey at msn.com
Thu Jun 24 12:32:47 PDT 2004

Returning to a painful subject . . .

I noticed on my way to work this morning that big chunks of planting have
been removed from the buffer between the mall and the highway, again.  Two
days ago we saw llimbs being torn off a tree with a scoop loader--perhaps
intentionally, perhaps as collateral damage.

Insult to injury?

If my retail business were located across from a cattle farming operation
and a sewage treatment plant, I think I'd want more greenery, rather than
less, between us.  But perhaps there's some other compelling reason to keep
yanking out that green belt?

Melynda Huskey