[Vision2020] Fun, Fun, Fun ('Til John Ashcroft Takes Our Freedoms Away)

Tom Hansen thansen@moscow.com
Wed, 16 Jun 2004 19:57:35 -0700

Fun, Fun, Fun ('Til John Ashcroft Takes Our Freedoms Away)

(Sung to the tune of "Fun, Fun, Fun ('Til Her Daddy Takes the T-Bird Away)"
written by Brian Wilson and Mike Love, performed by the Beach Boys)

Well, he got a cabinet job
And his agenda's very scary and bold, now
Seems he forgot all about the constitution
That he swore to uphold, now
And with the rhetoric blasting
Leaves the Bill of Rights out in the cold, now
And we'll have fun, fun, fun
'Til John Ashcroft takes our freedoms away

Well, the liberals can't stand him
'Cause his record is a total disgrace, now
(He is a disgrace, now, he is a disgrace)
He lets the Fortune 500
Pretty much have the run of the place, now
(He profiles race, now, he profiles race)
No one in Congress tries to stop him
When he pleads his right-wing bigoted case, now
(His agenda's off base, now, it's really off base)
And we'll have fun, fun, fun
'Til John Ashcroft takes our freedoms away

Well, if you thought all along
That none of this applies to you, now
(You should be afraid, now, so very afraid)
Then don't be surprised
When you're the next one who John Ashcroft will screw, now
(You should be afraid, now, so very afraid)
He will wrap it in the flag
As the patriotic thing to do, now
(You should be afraid, now-even if you're white)
You won't have fun, fun, fun
When John Ashcroft takes your freedoms away
Fun, fun when John Ashcroft takes your freedoms away
You won't have fun, fun, fun
When John Ashcroft takes your freedoms away
Fun, fun when John Ashcroft takes your freedoms away
{Repeat last line to fade}