[Vision2020] Adelphia???

Scott Dredge sdredge at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 26 09:16:14 PDT 2004

Saundra,

I switched from cable to satellite 3 years ago when I
found out that satellite offered a Major League
Baseball package and my cable provider did not.  I
went with Direct TV and a dual Tuner Sony SAT-T60
TiVo.  It's the perfect setup for me and with TiVo I
can fast forward through all the commercials.

You'll need to check out the satellite packages for
yourself.  I was mainly interested in sports.  Direct
TV offered access to baseball, football, and hockey
season packages and the 26 regional Fox Sports
channels.  I don't pay for any of the numerous HBOs,
Showtimes, Starz, Encore, XXX, etc. channels that
Direct TV offers.

For the technical details...
My satellite dish has dual LNB which I split out to
eight taps using twin 2GHz splitters and twin
multiswitches.  This gives me feeds for up to 8
satellite receivers.  I use 2 for my dual tuner family
room TiVo, 2 for my dual tuner living room TiVo, 1 for
the master bedroom receiver, and 1 for the spare
bedroom receiver which still leaves me 2 unused
satellite ports.  Also, I hacked both my TiVos to add
larger disk drives and network connections.  I have
126 hours on one and 106 hours on the other.

-Scott