[Vision2020] Christ Church update

Saundra Lund sslund at adelphia.net
Fri Jul 23 15:00:25 PDT 2004

Keely wrote in part:
"I'm not a secularist.  Heavens, no -- I'm a Biblically conservative, feminist, Trinitarian, creedal, Kerry-supporting, former bilingual minister of the Gospel."

And, if I might also add that given your above statement, you weren't educated at Wilson World's New St. Andrews College, either.  Apparently, you would not have been allowed to graduate from NSA with your beliefs.

Forgive me for using you to illustrate an important point, but I'm on a mission to educate our community!  As devout and intelligent and articulate as you are, that wouldn't have been enough for NSA because:
"We also warn students, for the protection of their souls and the peace of the College, to avoid false teaching and errant doctrine. We expect students will neither embrace nor promote, formally or informally, historic or contemporary doctrinal errors, such as Arianism, Socinianism, Pelagianism, Skepticism, Feminism, Pantelism, the so-called Openness of God Theology, etc. among their fellow students. If students do come to embrace such errant doctrines personally, they promise by their signed pledge to inform the administration immediately and honestly in a letter offering to withdraw from the College."
(p 44 http://www.nsa.edu/news/catalog/catalog.pdf)

Good grief -- what a bunch of HOGWASH!  Have you ever heard such nonsense?!?!  NSA & their ilk may want to be in the Dark Ages (although after reading Wilson's slam directed towards countries he views deficient in the areas of central heating & hygiene, I doubt that's what they'd really want if they got it), but to say that those of us who are enlightened are not welcome at NSA is offensive to this community, I think:  feminists need not apply, and feminism and Christianity don't go together!  Well, I'll tell ya, that was certainly news to me, just as I'm sure it would be news to the ***millions* of feminist Christians around the world!

This, mind you, comes after all kinds of hot air about the kind of student NSA is for:
"Our students are not required to pledge their assent to any particular orthodox creed or confession within the wide realm of the historic Christian faith, and New Saint Andrews will not require students to violate their consciences with regard to Christian doctrine."
(p 43, http://www.nsa.edu/news/catalog/catalog.pdf)

In spite of their protestations otherwise (and the above is just one of many examples), it's clear one must believe *only* in Wilson's particular perversion of Christianity to attend and "graduate" from NSA.  If during the course of your "education" at NSA you should actually learn to think critically and adopt feminism as a necessary component of Christianity, well . . . they've got your money, but you are without a degree regardless of how well you can regurgitate all their "teachings."

I'd like to take this opportunity to remind the community that this so-called liberal arts Christian college is ***still*** getting a property tax free ride on one of the parcels (the one that sells Wilson's & Jones' books).  That means you & I are still paying for their freedom to teach such nonsense, and to make money to line their own pockets while we pick up their tab!

Pardon me while I go puke!

Saundra Lund
Moscow, Idaho

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing.
Edmund Burke