[Vision2020] Grrr . . . Local Revisionist History

Saundra Lund sslund at adelphia.net
Fri Jul 23 13:27:48 PDT 2004

Visionaries,

I KNOW some of you are sick of reading about the antics of a certain local "church".  For those of you who are informed about the issues, you might want to hit the Delete key now.

However, for those who still wonder what on earth all of the fuss is about, I offer the following, which makes my blood boil.  How stupid does he think we are???

Doug Wilson, who is *supposedly* a man of God, has posted the following to his little blog:
" Taking Over Moscow?
Topic: General Ruminations
A certain kind of mind cannot wrap around the concept of political consequences being accomplished apart from political instruments or means. . . And consequently, when we say, as we have often said, that we do not have a political agenda, we are accused of being disingenuous (Luke 8:10). . .
2. Politics is not what we are fighting with. . .
3. ***We therefore do not need to employ political tactics (campaigns, petitions, yard signs, etc.) to accomplish what we are after***. . .
Posted by Douglas Wilson - 7/22/2004 11:27:02 AM"
http://www.dougwils.com/
[Note:  emphasis is mine.  SL]

No political agenda my *ss!

Hmmm . . . yeah, right.  I'm pretty sure there's something in the Bible about lying ;-), but I guess ol' Dougie must have missed that!

For those who've not seen them, there are a series of ***political*** emails (likely just the tip of the ice berg) that went through Wilson's Christ Church at:
http://www.tomandrodna.com/notonthepalouse/Hearing/070904.htm

Please, please take time to read through them.  Notice the names and the kind of things that were written & requested:  campaigning, yard signs, and money donations.  Compare & contrast that with Wilson's OWN words in his blog.

And PLEASE understand that those activities were *strictly* prohibited since Christ Church takes full advantage of tax breaks and other benefits for being a "church."

And, please don't forget that Wilson was up to his eyeballs in the formation of the Idaho Taxpayers (political) Party in the early 1990s, not to mention being in the thick of organized boycotts against merchants, and organizing *his* followers to force the discriminatory and sexist anti-nudity ordinance down our throats back in 2002.

If those emails, that campaigning . . . all of those organized activities *aren't* having a political agenda, then I don't know what would be!  Doug Wilson for President?  I'm sure he'd try to sell us a bill of goods about that not being a political agenda, too!

Just so that no one here can plead ignorance, I'm including the text below.  I apologize for the length, but I think it's important to have the FACTS, rather than just Wilson's hot air & revisionist history, available: