[Vision2020] life on wheels, or apology owed

Just Another Candle in the Darkness thansen at moscow.com
Fri Jul 23 08:33:03 PDT 2004

Hint to Pat Kraut -

Not all migrant farm workers are Mexican.  They come from a wide range of
ethnic backgrounds.

Not all migrant farm workers are in this country illegally.  Alot of them were
born right here in the nifty fifty.

Migrant farm workers are simply that; migrant farm workers.  These are people
who, because of a variety of misfortunes unbeknownst to us, are stuck working
for wages that are (in many cases) far below minimum wage.  What little wages
they do receive keeps them from joining another group of citizens I am sure
that you deplore; the homeless.

I am all for providing these people programs that light the candle at the end
of their dark tunnel and provide these hard-working people a real shot at
the "American Dream".  Maybe . . . Just maybe . . . if American society is
fortunate enough, some of these migrant farm workers will (through their hard
work and strife) become leaders in communities, will remember where and who
they were then, and make that candle even brighter.

Until then . . .

Take care of yourselves and each other,

Tom Hansen
Just Another Intolerista Quasi-Secularista Liberal Elitista Loose in the Palouse