[Vision2020] Alma Maters

Carl Westberg carlwestberg846 at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 21 11:32:16 PDT 2004

Or to describe the current situation, again from Led Zeppelin,
"Communication Breakdown."  I'm reluctant to dump on the students of New St.
Andrews, actually.  Choosing to go to school there is their call.  But,
addressing the property tax issue, it would behoove the cause of civil
discourse if someone representing Doug Wilson would respond to the questions
posed by Rose Huskey a short while ago.  They are legitimate, and we are
currently in a most curious form of exchanges.  An issue is raised on this
forum, and answers are sought on Doug's blog.  Rather an unsatisfactory way
of establishing meaningful dialogue.  This is a serious issue.  I have
friends who try to make ends meet running small businesses in Moscow, and a
common complaint from all of them has been the increase in property taxes
cutting into an already small profit margin, if a profit margin even exists.
  I would also caution Doug that the caustic "serrated edge" scorched earth
policy of responding to his critics (who are apparently legion, judging from
his website) is absolutely the wrong way to deal with this.  After all, who
do you think you are, Dick Cheney?  I'll give Doug the benefit of a doubt,
and allow that possibly he could shed some true light on his objections, if
done properly.  As John Danahy said yesterday, nobody likes paying property
taxes, but if shared properly and legally, we'd all be better off.

                                            Carl Westberg Jr.