[Vision2020] Another Important Topic: Huckleberry Recipes :-)

Tbertruss at aol.com Tbertruss at aol.com
Fri Jul 16 13:39:55 PDT 2004

Saundra:

My best experience with Huckleberries just got me into trouble.  While
picking them in a patch on Moscow Mountain one blissful dreamy summer day long ago,
I was so overcome with delight I ate 'most every one I snatched right off the
plant.  My partners in this endeavor were aiming at pies or kitchen prepared
concoctions of some sort, so my empty pail and stained lips earned their wrath.

But this is the best way to eat them, furtively, greedily, alive in the
forest, like a wild hungry animal, with other wild hungry animals nearby who may
chase you away.

Ted Moffett