[Vision2020] 07-13-04 Spokesman Review: Moscow churchpropertiesback on local tax rolls

Saundra Lund sslund at adelphia.net
Thu Jul 15 13:48:11 PDT 2004

I wrote:
"From the Spokesman Review:
"Roy Attwood, dean of New Saint Andrews, said the church will appeal the board's
decision as it relates to the college property." . . .

Can anyone ***please*** explain to me why on EARTH Christ Church, rather than
the NSA Trustees, would appeal the board's decision regarding the one NSA
parcel?!?!?"

In the interest of accuracy, I should note that the following appeared in the
Spokesman Review yesterday, 14 July 2004:
"Party appealing tax ruling wrong
Because of an editor's error, an article in Tuesday's edition on the tax status
of the Christ Church and affiliated New Saint Andrews College in Moscow, Idaho,
misstated who would be appealing the Latah County Commission's decision Monday
to put one of the college's buildings on the tax rolls.  The college intends to
file the appeal."

I had occasion to talk with Ms. Suderman after, I think, the first S-R article,
and I warned her that if she did more than one story on Wilson World, be
prepared for the inevitable demand for correction that they are oh so fond of
making ;-)

I'm glad to see that my crystal ball hasn't lost its touch  :-)

That said, rather than accepting the "correction" at face value, I have to say
that I absolutely completely 100% concur with Pope Joan's take on the situation.
It is impossible to make distinctions between the various arms of Wilson World
because those distinctions only exist in the minds of those who don't know any
better.

Saundra Lund
Moscow, ID

nothing.