[Vision2020] letter to the editor

Art Deco aka W. Fox deco at moscow.com
Wed Jul 14 18:23:07 PDT 2004

Bill, John, et al,

Bill & John make excellent points.

It is incumbent on our local elected officials to ensure that the property tax
laws are fairly and equitably enforced.

Tax exemptions should be carefully reviewed each year.  The county assessor
should take a leading, pro-active role in investigating the validity of the
grounds that each and every exemption request is based upon.

The discovery of the property tax cheating of the Christ Church Cult brings to
mind some other questions:

Will the CCC be made to pay back taxes for the years they claimed and received
exemptions but should not have?

Will perjury charges and/or bar complaints be made against those that made false
statements under oath or knowingly false statements while arguing for the CCC
exemptions?

Will the IRS, the State Income Tax Commission, the State Sales Tax Commission,
etc. now exercise some much needed diligence in investigating the CCC?

Will serious criminal charges be eventually filed against certain CCCers?

Should Logos School be exempt?

Wayne

Art Deco  (Wayne Fox)
deco at moscow.com