[Vision2020] Task Force

DonaldH675 at aol.com DonaldH675 at aol.com
Thu Jul 8 15:09:05 PDT 2004

Saundra Lund raises several interesting points on her UI Task Force email.  I
have no doubt that some committee members are working their bums off - but to
what end?.  Could someone tell me what the Task Force is actually tasked with
doing. (I don't have the url for their website, so if someone could just
forward that I would appreciate it.)

Readers with institutional memory will recall in the early 90's the great
emphasis placed on mission statements, long range plans, and the cumulative tons
of paper related to pie in the sky dreams and departmental justification.
That mountain of worthless documents is now gathering dust in some archival
collection, if it hasn't been committed to the incinerator before the turn of the
century.  Thousands of corporate hours were devoted to committee meetings,
drafting and polishing prose in order to meet meaningless administrative demands.
Frankly, who the hell ever read them?
It is hard to imagine that any of those documents considered the possibility
of a boondoggle like Boise Place, the dreadful financial hole the UI would
find itself in, not to mention the legal tangle legacy of the bright minds who
engineered the whole scam - and just think, some of those criminal porkers are
still getting gobbling at the public trough.

Rose Huskey
"One cannot level one's moral lance at every evil in the universe. There are
just too many of them. But you can do something, and the difference between
doing something and doing nothing is everything." Daniel Berrigan