[Vision2020] Rotary Park destroyed and Don't drink the water???

Donovan Arnold donovanarnold at hotmail.com
Sat Jul 3 22:08:42 PDT 2004

Pullman just rejected putting a cellular tower in their residential area
using scientific evidence that the waves can cause damage to the public and
small children.

"The City (Moscow) has been negotiating with Verizon Wireless to locate
digital cellular equipment on the Rotary Park water reservoir in accordance
with the City's co-location policy.  Verizon proposes to mount six panel
antennas on the water tank.  Additionally, Verizon proposes to construct a
multipurpose equipment building that would include public restrooms which
would be gifted to the City in exchange for the right to use a portion of
the building to house their cellular equipment and backup generator.  In
accordance with City water conservation efforts, the bathrooms will include
low-flow toilets, a waterless urinal and metered faucets.  Reviewed by the
Administrative Committee on June 28, 2004."

I am not very happy at all with this. For starters, Verizon is such an evil
company that I don't have a phone. Second, I don't like the idea of cell
phone waves and that much electronic equipment going through our limited
resources of water in an area with lots of children. Third, I don't want to
see more buildings on the tiny park as it is now. Pullman just rejected
putting a cellular tower in their residential area using scientific evidence
that the waves can cause damage to the public.

I don't want a giant antenna, much less 6 put up around our water. I don't
want another building in the area, ripping up the park, taking valuable
space, and consuming more limited water resources. And I don't want any
potential law suits going to the city for allowing so many electrical waves
going through a park where children play. If any child gets cancer and the
city tax payer is going to be paying out the nose, and they should for
allowing it to happen.

On a sentimental side, I think it makes the city look ugly too to put junk
on our UI water Towers.

Pullman voted this down because they cared about their city. I hope the
Moscow City Council cares the same about their children and city.

Donovan J Arnold
Very Active Moscow Resident