[Vision2020] News From The Skew

TGIF thansen at moscow.com
Fri Jul 2 16:18:09 PDT 2004

Fans Bummed as Whitney Misses Chance to Dis Early Iraq Handover

Baghdad – While new President Ghazi al-Yawar and Prime Minister Iyad Allawi
were congratulating each other on Monday in Baghdad, pop icon Whitney Houston
was sleeping one off, never knowing she already missed an opportunity to miss a
gig. The surly diva was scheduled to perform at a celebration ceremony June 30
when the U.S. handed sovereignty over to the interim Iraqi government. “We
figured hearing her sing ‘I Will Always Love You,' Vice President Cheney’s
request, would be enough to wipe away the memory of 14 months of forced
occupation for the repressed populace. Unfortunately, due to recent events, we
couldn’t take a chance to see if she’d remember to forget to show up and then
totally flake out,” stated administrator L. (Lucifer) Paul Bremer. Fans were
deeply disappointed the singer missed the chance to miss the engagement, as
they knew she would never then have the chance to swear like a sailor and curse
the media on their criticism afterwards, which is the only way they really get
to see or hear from her any more. One fan commented, “hey, even if we see her
rambling and swearing, being totally patronizing, and hopelessly out of touch
with reality while she’s on the air, at least we know she really, really wanted
to be
there.”