[Vision2020] Michael Moore and the liberal elite

Carl Westberg carlwestberg846 at hotmail.com
Thu Jul 1 07:48:26 PDT 2004

In her op-ed piece in today's NY Times, Barbara Ehrenreich writes of Michael
Moore, saying you can "call him all kinds of things - loudmouthed, obnoxious
and self-promoting, for example......(but) the one thing you cannot call
him, though, is a member of the "liberal elite."  She writes of how often
the "E-word" "embellishes the screeds of Ann Coulter, Bill O'Reilly and
their co-ideologues, as in books subtitled "Rescuing America from the Media
Ellite," and "How Elites from Hollywood, Politics and the U.N. are
Subverting America," and so on."  Much as I felt compelled the other day to
ask someone to explain what the "homosexual agenda" is, what, pray tell, is
the "liberal elite"?  I consider myself a liberal (proudly), and I ain't
elite, let me tell ya.

Carl Westberg Jr.