[Vision2020] Public Defenders Office

Sunil Ramalingam sunilramalingam@hotmail.com
Fri, 30 Jan 2004 10:59:49 -0800

<P>Bubba,</P>
<P>You wrote to Rose:</P>
<P>"the PDs job IS to represent his client, true. However, it's not his/her job to try and get people off for a crime they committed. The client knows whether he/she did it and the PD knows whether he/she did it,"</P>
<P>and your reply&nbsp;to me is below this post.&nbsp; If your premise is that the guilt or innocence of the client should determine the attorney's (whether the attorney is a PD is irrelevant) approach, I could not disagree with you more.&nbsp; It has nothing to do with my job.&nbsp;We disagree completely regarding&nbsp;the role of the criminal defense attorney. If guilt or innocence makes a difference to the attorney, then it's my view that the attorney should not practice criminal law.&nbsp; </P>
<P><BR>Sunil</P></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;From: "bubba jones" <BUBBAJONES9763@HOTMAIL.COM>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;To: vision2020@moscow.com
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Subject: Re:[Vision2020] Public Defenders Office
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2004 18:00:06 +0000
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Sunil,
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Granted. The PD should do everything in his/her power to make sure
<DIV></DIV>&gt;the evidence can be proven and that the state hasn't violated
<DIV></DIV>&gt;anyones rights.&nbsp;&nbsp;If there are any questions regarding this then the
<DIV></DIV>&gt;case, by all means, should go to trial.
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt;By "setting guilty people free" I meant that the defendant knows he
<DIV></DIV>&gt;did it and the state can prove it - nothing else.
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt;B. Jones
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt;